Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front stand recommendations for 09?

Who makes a good front stand that fits the 09 well and doesn't break the bank?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Just a friendly note, try a google search for this: site:fz09.org front stand
There are already several threads on the topic.

That said, I just use a cheap $70 front "yoke" stand with a custom made pin to get the front end higher off the ground than it would be with the standard pin. This stand is very similar if not exactly the same as the one I have:

Amazon.com: CHN FW-1 Front Wheel Stand: Automotive

...and here is the pin I made.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-g...e-you-done-your-bike-today-130.html#post37602

·
Registered
768 Posts
I paid $150 for a PitBull stand and wish I'd never sold it. (Didn't think I'd need it, little storage room in the new place, etc...)
It was overbuilt tough and easily supported my SV650 or DL1000 with a simple pin swap.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
You just can't go wrong with PitBull. You can buy one stand that will last you the rest of your motorcycling life (provided someone doesn't steal it from you) and be assured that in the scheme of things, you spent you money wisely for a tool that will most likely still be around when you aren't anymore.

Reactions: veebooster

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went the cheap route and got the triple stem stand for $71 off Amazon shipped. Works as good as any other stand made with heavy steel, just not the same amount of options you get with the $200 plus stands. The only thing I need my stands to do is hold the bike securely up in place and for $105 I have front and rear stands that do just that! Using my new stand this week to get new shock cartridges installed in my forks; it's been sitting in the stand for 3 days now waiting on the shock work to be completed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts