Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a front stand that allows you to remove the forks? I had one from my '05 and '07 R6 but it was too short for the FZ09. Looking at DMP Spec front stand but not sure if it's tall enough for my FZ09. Don't really want one that only holds the bike up by the forks. Need to remove the front suspension and that stand obviously will not work. Has anyone else found one that works for this scenario??

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
14ish years ago I got a Woodcraft front stand for my SV650, it works great with my 09 just needed a new pin the right diameter for the 09 steering stem.

Race Stands all www.woodcraft-cfm.com
Their current front stands look the same. I use a Pitbull rear stand, I like both, I forget why I went with the Woodcraft front.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I use a pit bull stand that I had for my R1, the pin diameter is a little small but it slides down to the base and will lift it just enough to get the tire off the ground.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I see that you have the Ventura luggage system. How do you like it? I'm thinking about putting it on my FZ09. I used this luggage system on my last two bikes and thought it was great.
Sorry mate, not my bike... randomly snagged off of the interwebs to illustrate suspending the front of a bike with a ladder for fork work.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That ladder is one of the best ideas I've seen lately... who needs rafters? :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts