Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after you get out the 4 allen bolts, how do you remove the brake line retention clips without breaking them? The fender wont come out with the retention clips still in, will it?

Thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
The easiest way is to remove the wheel.You can do it with the wheel in place using surgical forceps,but it is nearly impossible to see what you are doing.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Does the clip not open up to release the hose? (sorry, not near the bike at the moment to answer this for myself)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I had to pop those retention clips out from the back side by bending a small screwdriver :

I think I mangled one, so I may need to order one.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You lift up on the high part of the clip, then lift up slightly on the other side of the clip. You can remove one brake caliper that has the crossover hose, and zip-tie it to the radiator mount, lift the fender to clear the two mount brackets that the bolts came from, turn the fender sideways and slide between the forks. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just wanted to add some clarification to this thread as its the first thread that comes up in a Google search on how to remove the front fender.

You DO NOT need to remove the wheel.
You DO NOT need to remove the front caliper.

Doing either is way overboard. After you remove the 4 allen bolts, pop the clips to release the brake lines. After that is done, you can pop the clips out of the front fender and with a little wiggling, the fender will slide right out.

Hope that helps people in the future who are looking to complete this project.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
^ True be that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts