Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find it, but I know that somewhere there was thread about front end lifts and pin size needed. I am looking to get lift to do fork revalve job. anyone got recommendation?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went through this just the other week.

I found it was quite safe to use a trolley jack under the header and lift the front wheel off the ground while the bike was on the sidestand. Saved me the cost of a front head stand. Have done this twice now and will use the same method when I install the valving kit.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Oh phew, I thought this was another thread on how to wheelie.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I remember something...some old phrase about using the right tool for the job at hand. OP.....do yourself a favor and buy yourself a proper front end lift, the kind that lifts from the bottom of the triple tree.

Reactions: chris1261

·
Registered
165 Posts
Clown, that doesn't sound stable and personally I wouldn't want to put the weight on the headers.
It works just fine. You will be amazed at how strong the header is. I have used this method on numerous bikes, mostly using a rear stand with the jack but the MT09 is very difficult to lift centrally that way.

It is totally stable with 3 points of contact on the ground.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So, if a guy takes his boat out thirty days in a row and his boat sinks on the thirtieth day, does he have more of a problem than the guy whose boat sinks on the first day? Both boats sank.
That's way beyond me... far too clever.

OP..... I hope your bike doesn't fall off your new front stand.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm looking to swap out my springs and was just wondering if the lift I used for my Harley would be good to lift the bike. I have Akro pipes and don't want to mess them up but I also dont want to spend $150 for something I'll rarely use. Then again, penny wise......

·
Registered
654 Posts
pitbull website will list what bike needs what sized pin for a lift that goes in under the bottom of the triple. that's what I thought you were looking for but reading some of the responses do you need the entire stand too?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts