Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Ohlins shock. Suspension work is best left to the pros (with my lack of Knowledge). My local shop deals with Racetech. I am not going all out on the suspension, this bike will never see the track, just canyons and twisties. So, I think I am just going to go with a revalve and springs. Reading through the threads it seems like some people have had great success with the Racetech kits and others have had issues. I will be relying on the shop to do all the work and set the bike up for me. Should I trust them with the Racetech stuff since that is what the specialize in? Or should I buy something else and bring it to them?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sorry not much help, but I just put my ohlins shock in last weekend, and am now planning out sending my forks off to racetech for revalving/springs. If you go with racetech you'll have to let me know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I went the race tech route, I got some .9kg/mm springs and revalved it with a heavy weight oil.. Bike has transformed. I strongly recommend following this route. My friend at work just installed racetech springs on his Ducati and he is very content. Also, make sure that once they do your suspension to set the sag for you. I know you won't be taking it to the track but it def makes a difference on the twisties. I had an Ohlins on order but there turn around was a month or so... I ended up contacting Penske and they just built some 8900E's for the bike the day before so they sent one out to me the next day.

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
If you trust your local tuner, go with the Racetech. It requires the tuner to work with Racetech's calculator to select the proper shim stacks, but the value is there for the money if done properly.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I do trust them. The have a great reputation for sportbikes in my area. Many, many satisfied customers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Go with the race tech I did the springs and the valves stack myself a little complicated but the bike is a different bike handles very well I feel it's a great value for the money also put the Z x 10 shock on the back and a GPR steering stabilizer Love this bike

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trust is key. Ensure that they're willing to make changes after the initial baseline is set should you need some fine tuning.
Thanks for your input. It goes a long way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts