Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone.
I'm in Korea.
Yamaha Korea sales only MT-09A (with ABS).

but I wondering of the front brake pressure.
mine is lot of lever clearance. (lever dial 1)
but some another MT-09 has very tight clearance.
(some MT-09 is same of mine.)

I notice that clearance is random.
whats problems?

I thought the front brake bleeding.
but dealer says 'thats be unchanging'.

PS. braking power is good. no sponge.

·
Registered
616 Posts
YHK; It sounds to me what you're describing is the adjustment for the reach of the lever. You could always take the lever off, and get a look at the inside of the lever, and the end of the master cylinder's actuator. Maybe there's something in there at the interface. I'm always a fan of bleeding it if you have negative findings with your first inspection. The US model FZ09 doesn't have ABS. You may want to try the MT09 site. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I woudl try this, and it sounds stupid....I've found it works, and I dont know why....If you knows why this helps, please post away.

Pull in brake lever, and tape it to the grip..with lever compressed. Zip ty is ok, too..anything to hold the brake compressed. Leave overnight. Remove tape before riding, obviously.

Brake lever will now feel much better. More solid, and less movement. I THINK doign this might let the trapped air escape from mastercylinder?????

ANyway, try it. The price is right! Works out back, too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You'd probably be better off properly bleeding the brakes and be done with it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Both my brakes were a bit spongy from the factory. I own a mityvac power brake bleeder. After bleeding them both brakes are nice and firm as they should be.

Find someone with a power bleeder and get it done. You will be glad you did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts