Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my head is spinning from reading up on all the fender eliminator/blinker/license place light setups today. I decided to make my own fender eliminator/licence plate brackets to mounts to stock location and puts the tag 1/2" below the tail. Next I was going to decide on blinker setup. I don't like any options for the front because of the protrusion of the factory plastic headlight shroud where the stock blinker goes. I've seen the use of Protons, but really would like to use a diamond mini stalk, and probably add two blinker brackets to my DIY tidy tail to use the same. Other option for rear is the integrated tail light, but I MAY get a flush mount tail. Not sure yet.

Anyways, the problem is the front, does anyone make replacement shrouds yet with the protrusion for the factory blinkers? From there, drilling a hole to mount the type of blinker I want would be cake. Any one else have any other ideas? If the Protons weren't so expensive I would do that temporarily until I could come up with something else. Do any of the flush mount Yamaha bilnkers work in the OEM blinker location? Fire away with ideas boys.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well, I take it there's no replacement shrouds, so here's what I did for the time being;

LED Signals from Cycle Gear

Turn Signal Spacers for Yamaha from Cycle Gear

I decided I want to get the flush mount LED tail light, so I added tabs to my DIY tail tidy for the same blinkers as front. They will be mounted in front of the plate with just the blinker lenses sticking out either side. Nothing fancy but I'm thrilled for $80. I like the looks and visibility of stalks up front over flush mounts, and got rid of all the factory rubber, spacers, etc. Cut off factory plugs from OEM blinkers and crimped/heat shrinked them to the new LEDs.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which size spacers did you get? They have two for yamaha.

Honestly I don't know. I think they only have one for Yamaha, at least they did in the store. I don't know why that drop down has two options. They ones I bought look exactly like the picture on the site, same shape as Yamaha blinker hole.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm now looking for some replacement shrouds for the headlight without the blinker 'stalk' in them. I'm using mirrors with turn signals in them and want to loose the factory 'stalks'... anyone know of any options that are out there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts