Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed immensely the threads on this forum and other FZ09 forums but only want to register to one. This is it :nike: because you are not so restricted in the US / OZ with the modifications and looks like many people are already at it.

Love: street and off-road. Light, well engineered
Enjoy: touring not too far. Fly and rent preferred.
Hate: heavy bikes, old vintage stuff, loud, vibes and 'character'
Don’t understand but have an open mind: GS

I don’t post much but if I find something original as I usually do on a new bike I post it up.

I am coming from all the japs and brits in the 80s then new Fire Blade, VFR, Fazer 1000, S10, Tiger 800 XC and have test ridden just about all there is (seems like it) My MT09 ( FZ = MT over here) arrives in December . looking forward . . . .

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs. I'm sure that you will enjoy the new FZ/MT 09 when it arrives. Feel free to join in and thanks for choosing our forum.

·
Registered
663 Posts
You know it has a speed limiter right? The only time in my life that I came up wanting more speed was driving the autobahn. Cars come up quickly from behind when they're doing 140+ (mph). Have fun with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insanity really isn't it? Straight line speed is thrilling but the buzz is the acceleration which has to top out some time.
You are right about the cars, previously you had to have a significant income to own a fast car but now it's kids with 2.0 liter turbo and even reps with torquey diesels coming up on you. And our mirrors don't work at these speeds - do they?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts