Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Soon - FZ09; Current - CRF450X, XR400; Former - Fz1, XR250, TW200
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live and work overseas in a country without much pavement, hence the dirt bikes. Had an Fz1 last time Stateside, did my research and - thanks in part to your collective enthusiasm - am hoping to get an FZ09 for my upcoming trip (May-Jan)... and hanging onto it long-term if it's as good as you all say!

Let me tell you, shopping from overseas is a pain, but I don't want to be bike-less too long on arrival! Drooling over this one - FS: 2017 FZ-09 - Matte Silver - Tampa Bay Florida area -... - one of the better set of mods that I've seen out there so far.

Will be based in the Charlotte area starting late May, have a brother on a Bonneville that I plan on thrashing (he's new, I suppose I'll have to take a stab at mercy) and a brother in law in Boone who's on my old Fz1.

Looking forward to riding some smooth twisties!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Live and work overseas in a country without much pavement, hence the dirt bikes. Had an Fz1 last time Stateside, did my research and - thanks in part to your collective enthusiasm - am hoping to get an FZ09 for my upcoming trip (May-Jan)... and hanging onto it long-term if it's as good as you all say!

Let me tell you, shopping from overseas is a pain, but I don't want to be bike-less too long on arrival! Drooling over this one - FS: 2017 FZ-09 - Matte Silver - Tampa Bay Florida area -... - one of the better set of mods that I've seen out there so far.

Will be based in the Charlotte area starting late May, have a brother on a Bonneville that I plan on thrashing (he's new, I suppose I'll have to take a stab at mercy) and a brother in law in Boone who's on my old Fz1.

Looking forward to riding some smooth twisties!
Welcome Junglemoto, you'll find everything you need to know about the FZ/MT right here. Lot's of used FZ/MT's around the south. Facebook market place and cycle trader have some smoking deals. Big fan of the FZ 1 but the FZ09 is more comfortable, has more low end grunt and is much lighter.

The 2021 ECR would be a perfect place to get to know your new triple. I think Westen North Carolina, SC, Tenn, have some of the best riding roads on the planet.

Oh, and post photos of your new ride when you buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Facebook market place and cycle trader have some smoking deals.

Big fan of the FZ 1 but the FZ09 is more comfortable, has more low end grunt and is much lighter.

The 2021 ECR would be a perfect place to get to know your new triple.
Thanks, will check out Cycle Trader, had only been looking at CL so far. Unfortunately FB Marketplace won't let me search a specific area I'm not in... or perhaps it's because it's not available here, hence can't search elsewhere.

I did TX-IL in one day and IL-NC in one day on the Fz1... I'll take whatever additional degree of comfort I can! Those were long days.

ECR - is that 10-13 June as proposed on another thread? That would be a blast.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What's making you come back stateside? It seems like you're already in a pretty tropical place!

I'm down in Columbia, SC and we have a few other members near by, I'm always up for a ride when you get your bike!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We travel to the States every three years or so to connect with family and friends.

Any good riding your way? If I'm riding that kind of distance, I tend to go west to the hills. Only been to Columbia a few times, never on a bike.

Reactions: Darf

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's really awesome, I'd love to start getting out and travel the world a little once we get past the pandemic. Columbia area doesn't have too many nice roads, I'm still a transplant here so I haven't seen all there is around. There's a lake nearby that's okay, but like you said west to the hills is where it's at. I just got a trailer that can fit a few bikes so any day trips can extend a few more hours too. Hit me up when you're stateside, I'm pretty much down for anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts