Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
005.jpg

This looks like a pretty good place to hang out since I am certainly interested in buying one of these bikes.
I'm 68 I've and been riding since 1963. My first bike was a 1964 Yamaha YDS2C street bike (250cc) and, needless to say, a bunch of stuff in between.
My current "big" bike is 1998 VFR800 Honda Intercepter but I spend most of my riding time on my 2007 BMW G650X Supermoto.
I live in Miami Fl but ride very little down here. I am fortunate to be able to spend quite a bit of my time riding in the Smokey Mountains, Eastern Tennesee and Western North Carolina.
I have been trying to get excited about a new streetbike for several years now and have casually considered just about everything. Nothing really rings my bell until the FZ 09 comes along, now I'm really looking foward to something. The faster red one!
Anyway, I'm looking foward to sharing experiences with you folks on this new adventure from Yamaha.

Les

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Howdy Shamrock, and welcome to our little corner of the interwebs. I live in "Murvil", so I may have seen you up on the hill before, down at the store hangin out. My wife Peggy and I ride together most of the time. She's on a 600RR and so was I, then a DorsoDuro, and now I'm waiting for an FZ 09. Anyway, hope to see you up there one of these days........on my new Rapid Red (the fastest color) FZ

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy Shamrock, and welcome to our little corner of the interwebs. I live in "Murvil", so I may have seen you up on the hill before, down at the store hangin out. My wife Peggy and I ride together most of the time. She's on a 600RR and so was I, then a DorsoDuro, and now I'm waiting for an FZ 09. Anyway, hope to see you up there one of these days........on my new Rapid Red (the fastest color) FZ
I don't think we have met but I do recall seeing a Dorsoduro at the store around the end of April or early June. In fact one of my "candidates" for a new bike was a Shiver but I am not familiar with our local Aprilla dealer.
I run with the "Rusty Zipper Gang" up there (Bobby Morrow, Harold Harrison, Dale Wesson, Dave Leach and others).
Perhaps we can play "Dueling Reds" someday.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I can't say that I've met any of y'all, but maybe have seen you up there and didn't know who you were/are.

Here's a picture of me and my better half. I am usually wearing glasses, but generally, I take them off before I have a picture taken. This one was shot a couple of years ago during the winter. We had driven the truck through the Gap and on down Rt. 28 towards Fontana Dam.....we stopped along the way and took a few pics. of the hill dressed in white.....

Waterfall corner on U.S. 129 just four or five turns south of the store....

One more of the guy you need to look for...........or maybe LOOK OUT for!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome aboard Les! I think that we are all anxious for this stinking waiting period to be over and done with! I lived in FL for a few years myself. Albeit almost as far from you as FL would allow. I was up in Panama City Beach. I now live just outside Austin. I am excited to get into the hill country and ride some of these epic roads.

And for you triple, I thought your better half was a track day queen. From the looks of you in those pictures, she must certainly be blind... ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
NickJ wrote:
she must certainly be blind
Hey Nick.......I fixerated that for ya................ "She must certainly be BLOND!

I told her that I was a handsome dude and I could always make her smile........and she believed me!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Triplethreat .. seeing as you are all the way over there... and i am all the way over here .. i figure i have never met you .. but .. your face looks familiar? .. its one of those "I know him! .. but how?' moments .. at first i thought maybe it was maybe i had glanced at this thread without remembering .. but .. i know your head!? ...

you ever have face on TV? , youtube vids? , something? ... your wifes face also .. but 'more in the background' kinda thing (no offense intended) .. the situ is making my eyebrows ache! :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts