Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Does that tail bag cover your brake light? I have a wolf man wolf tail bag that is just a hair too big. If it's not on top of the brake light, it encroaches on my seating space.

I do worry about it covering the light though.

·
Registered
554 Posts
What seat is that!? Must be great to tolerate 900 miles! My record at this point is 650 miles in a day and my butt was angry at the end of it!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Does that tail bag cover your brake light? I have a wolf man wolf tail bag that is just a hair too big. If it's not on top of the brake light, it encroaches on my seating space.

I do worry about it covering the light though.
Get a piece of 1/8" thick ABS about 8"x10" or a piece of plexiglass from a plastic shop and attach it to the bottom of the bag and it won't sag off the back and cover your taillight.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which route did you take? Did you go through Vegas?
I went 93/I-40/93 to Boulder City, then underneath Vegas to hook up with the 160 that goes into Pahrump, NV. That hooks up with the 190 through Death Valley, and on to the 395.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I can say is hot tamale chiwawa!!!!!

Would kill the average man.

I know why they call it "blazing orange" cuz it likes blazing hot weather.

U are da man in my book.

I am spoiled as I ride on the coast.

Thanks for sharing.
I feel you man, I just moved back to AZ after living in San Diego for 6 years. Some of the best riding in that area!! Its really the only thing I miss about California.. that and the cooler weather.

It was over 100 degrees for the last 400 miles of the trip. I was freakin' drained by the time I got home.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All the arrow straight roads looks boring. Where is the little creek?
It was pretty far north on the 395 getting close to Topaz Lake. There were plenty of twisties, even in Death Valley! I was impressed! I will have to put together a video showing all the fun routes. Its a lot more fun than taking the I-10 over to the I-5 North!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm really diggin that seat. How was it for the long ride? The stocker freakin sucks.
Thank you sir. This seat does a better job than the stock seat, but after 5-600 miles, it starts to hurt. I still would like a gel pad or something to ease the pain around the 600 mile mark!

·
Registered
260 Posts
What a great ride, if you do not mind the 110 degree weather through Death Valley...
Did around 900 trouble free miles...
Obviously, your engine did not overheat. Curious to know what engine operating temperatures you were getting in that 110° blast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts