Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time again to log an amazing ride! I plan to ride up to Washington state in June from the Mexican border all along the California, Oregon and Washington coast. I will try to chronicle it here as much as possible but for now I need recommendations on places to visit and general recommendations! I will be going up the PCH/1/101 on the way north and the way south I haven't decided yet. I'm not a fan of retracing my steps so I will be going more continental on the way back, the only criteria I have so far is that I need to see Crater Lake in Oregon, and I would like to do a ride by of Mt Shasta. I don't have a lot of desire to spend any time in the central valley because it seems boring to me and I only have 4 days. I have 7 or up to 10 days to travel North but due to time constraints with work I need to make it from the Seattle area to San Diego in 4 days. Let me know what you think!

Zach

·
Registered
511 Posts
You might see how far out of the way from the coast you want to go but the Mount St.Helens observatory is a nice ride up to_Our Long Beach and Willapa Bay is pretty nice.I was planning on riding around the olympic pennisula around Hoquim to forks to sequim.Check out the map around there Rider magazine did a ride around some of our NW roads really cool articl I think it was around summer time it came out.Enjoy planning your trip.I live about 30 min south of Seattle.

Reactions: zloikish

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might see how far out of the way from the coast you want to go but the Mount St.Helens observatory is a nice ride up to_Our Long Beach and Willapa Bay is pretty nice.I was planning on riding around the olympic pennisula around Hoquim to forks to sequim.Check out the map around there Rider magazine did a ride around some of our NW roads really cool articl I think it was around summer time it came out.Enjoy planning your trip.I live about 30 min south of Seattle.
My ultimate destination is actually Puyallup(Some of my family lives there, my cousin is getting married making this a great excuse for a ride), if there's time we should get coffee or something! I've driven up to St Helens and climbed it once, the second time there was too much snow for me to make it up there even in July! I also got a stomach bug so I just ended up driving around Rainier.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ya keepin touch will see what happens I work graveyard so my hours are pretty wacky.

Reactions: zloikish

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did Crater Lake on my cross country trip last summer. It is something you DO NOT want to miss. Have fun!
Thanks for the video! I think I will be there maybe a day earlier than the video is from, I didn't expect so much snow but it makes sense where it's at and the altitude. What road is that? I noticed there is a rim road on the east side and the west side, I won't have enough time to spend a lot of time up there but I will be starting off my second day up there. Any recommendations on what path to take would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Awesome. The ride up the coast is incredible, as Oregon and the Cascades in Washington were my favorite scenery so far. We are leaving soon to ride Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. I am so ready.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks for the video! I think I will be there maybe a day earlier than the video is from, I didn't expect so much snow but it makes sense where it's at and the altitude. What road is that? I noticed there is a rim road on the east side and the west side, I won't have enough time to spend a lot of time up there but I will be starting off my second day up there. Any recommendations on what path to take would be appreciated!
This video was taken on the Western Rim. I was on my way to the Grand Tetons.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

I will not be taking the 09 this time... It has a new stablemate...and possible replacement. BMW R1200GS
IMG_1737.jpg

Reactions: Da Braddah
1 - 12 of 12 Posts