Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrestling with winter blues...FZ withdrawals.
Coping...barely...by sitting in a sub-zero garage w/ FZ running (fumes, dude!).

HELP!!!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i can't even anymore - last year sucked with the weather, i thought we would catch a break this year but it's just as bad. At least oil is cheaper than it was last year.

MoFizio - i thought you were out of the NE? When's the light at the end of the tunnel brother?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MoFizio - i thought you were out of the NE? When's the light at the end of the tunnel brother?
Almost gone... headed down at the end of March, bro.
Bringing two of three bikes down in two weeks.
Excited. Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Almost gone... headed down at the end of March, bro.
Bringing two of three bikes down in two weeks.
Excited. Thanks for the support!
Please don't misinterpret my message - it was more of a shut the F* up ahole - you're about to peace out of here :)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please don't misinterpret my message - it was more of a shut the F* up ahole - you're about to peace out of here :)
Peace out!
Light's on for you, bub. :)

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
391 Posts
We're supposed to have a high of 16° here this weekend. It'll be my usual sit on the bike and make engine noises despite the wife's disparaging comments.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
And this is the weather here right now 14°C (58°F).

We get some weird temperature swings some days, all has to do with the mountains and Chinook winds. Unfortunately the roads are a mess, so no riding either.

weather-today-15-02-13.jpg

For example, a small town south of Calgary - In February 1992, Claresholm, Alberta hit 24°C (75°F) – one of Canada's highest February temperatures.
Chinook wind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

We get some weird temperature swings some days, all has to do with the mountains and Chinook winds. Unfortunately the roads are a mess, so no riding either.

View attachment 13526

For example, a small town south of Calgary - In February 1992, Claresholm, Alberta hit 24°C (75°F) – one of Canada's highest February temperatures.
that's insane. If i hear the term polar vortex one more time i'm going to lose it.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

View attachment 13526

Wild. Just wild.
Whoda thunk?
Ridem Rocky. ;)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's dropping down to -26°C here this weekend with a HIGH temp of -20°C on Sunday.... FML why do I still live here? 3 bikes and only 6 months to play? Terrible...
Oh, that's just nasty.
Amazing, really.
Why again did our ancestors choose to live in such places? :confused:

Reactions: doozerdave

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Wild. Just wild.
Whoda thunk?
Ridem Rocky. ;)
It can be freezing cold in the morning, then t-shirt weather that afternoon and back to freezing that night. So if you are a clean freak, you won't survive around here, the Chinooks make it impossible to keep your car clean, lol.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
343 Posts
Port Dover would have been a cold ride. Insurance is due soon and the month is a short one for earning pay. I could take five minute rides but the salt here is danger.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
From hence forth...all rider in above 32*F temps...shall be banned from commenting on all weather conditions.
Forthwith...the initials "FZ" shall stand for Frozen Zero-Nine.
Your utmost cooperation is essential to one's continuing as an active member of this here Forum.

(In other words, shutteth up already.)
:p

1 - 20 of 155 Posts