Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Read Only
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That site is a rabbit hole!!! He certainly has quite the collection. Glad I'm not the only one who eyes the surroundings in pics.
I am a big garage sale fan, so I collect hammers, ratchets, and at one point I was collecting vises, which are heavy and take up alot of space and I also flip chainsaws for a profit, buying broken saws and fixing them up as a hobby. Have been able to make a pretty good profit off of them too. Getting the MT really put a damper on saw flipping though because I've been too busy looking up cool stuff to install.

·
Read Only
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So question....I rode in to work today and had 1/2 tank of fuel. I pulled in like normal and filled up and then left. Then I realized I filled up with 87 octane. So half 91 octane and half 87 octane.

Normally I wouldn't be too worried, but with my ecu flashed and VCYCLENUT saying to run premium only, I'm wondering if I should stop and get some octane booster on the way home?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
If it were me, I'd just ride like usual but without really romping on it.
If I hear pinging or it breaking up, then yeah I'd back off some. I personally wouldn't worry about it for a tank. My $0.02.

·
Read Only
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it were me, I'd just ride like usual but without really romping on it.
If I hear pinging or it breaking up, then yeah I'd back off some. I personally wouldn't worry about it for a tank. My $0.02.
That was my thought too, and if it was a car I wouldn't even have second thoughts, I just wasn't sure how well the ECU in these bikes could adjust timing to prevent detonation.

·
Vendor
1,680 Posts
he emailed me and I told him not to worry about it just dont kill it to bad until this tank is gone

these bikes do not have knock sensors so they will not pull timing if they hear any knocking

·
Read Only
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
he emailed me and I told him not to worry about it just dont kill it to bad until this tank is gone

these bikes do not have knock sensors so they will not pull timing if they hear any knocking
Yes, thank you for the response, I was worried about its ability to retard timing if needed. I went fairly easy on it yesterday, and will put premium in it today.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts