Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a redundant question ,( Im a newbie)
who provides the best & easily installed frame sliders?

thanks,

·
Registered
474 Posts
There are frame sliders, engine case sliders, and axle sliders. The best brand is somewhat subjective - they are not typically tested head to head. I chose OES because they were were proven to work, and affordable for Frame and axle protection. OES is basic but solid design. Other companies like wood craft make excellent bits too including engine case sliders with replaceable pucks. Many have gone with brands such as T-rex, shogun, R&G, evotech - all are pretty easy to install.

remember without engine case covers, you will get rash or damage on them in most drops.

·
Registered
208 Posts
+1 on OES. The full kit: frame sliders, front axle sliders, and rear swingarm spools cost about $130 I think. Great choice, and some people on here have put down their bike with them will no damage except for replacing their rear brake lever.

Reactions: Whirlwind

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have the SW-Motech frame sliders, I like how it mounts off the top front and rear engine mounting bolts.

SW-Motech Frame Slider Kit for 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com
stp_06_590_10900__b_201384416161-1622.jpg

The Evotech Axle Sliders

Evotech Performance Front Fork Sliders/Protectors for 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com
Evotech Performance Rear Axle Sliders/Protectors for 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com
website_front_spindle_bobbins_1_32_1.jpg

And the Yamaha engine case guards, which were almost covered by an purchase incentive program at the dealer I purchased my 09 from.

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...et+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2015|44&dealernumber=
Yamahafz09guards.JPG

Protecting my 09 is worth the extra money in my eyes.

p.s. - not sure I like the idea of the engine case covers that completely cover the cases? I don't like the idea of trapping more heat in, like insulating the engine on a hot day. I like the one that still let the engine cases breath.

Reactions: Davinci
1 - 5 of 5 Posts