Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to put some on my new 09. Most manufacturers don't list the model yet, though.. Anyone pick any up yet? Any idea sliders from other models that will work?

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey I cant remember who said it but a member on here said he tried his old R1 sliders and they worked well. ill try and find the post.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Want to put some on my new 09. Most manufacturers don't list the model yet, though.. Anyone pick any up yet? Any idea sliders from other models that will work?
If anyone is near me, I have an extra FZ1 slider they could check to see if it fits. I have the Shogun's....love them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am after front frame mount sliders to help protect the radiator too.
Front and rear bolts are the same. You can put the slider on either or both. I confirmed the R1 fitment. I would go FZ1 (which is what i ordered) since the FZ does not have the notch in it for no-cut fitment.

Reactions: cjhorton

·
Registered
611 Posts
You guys using a torque wrench for the slider engine bolts? If so, what torque setting? Also, any locktite on the threads?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Damn, I left my flash drive with a digital copy of the service manual at work on Saturday. I will get you the torque value Monday.

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got some extended length sliders(4") off ebay and they double nicely as hiway footpegs.
The bolt that they are supplying is a bit short at 80mm.those bolts need to be 90mm long to engage all the
threads on the frame.If its too long its not a problem because it an open ended frame thread.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Engine bolts torque: 45 Nm / 33 ft-lbs.

The digital service manual is not available for sale. I got it from the dealer for personal use not distribution.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Doug.........as long as they've made you wait for your FZ, they should throw in a free service manual (hard copy) when they get one in.....or order one for you as part of the bike deal.

Reactions: 765 and cjhorton

·
Registered
611 Posts
Engine bolts torque: 45 Nm / 33 ft-lbs.

The digital service manual is not available for sale. I got it from the dealer for personal use not distribution.
Thanks Doug!

I ordered my hard copy this weekend =)

I noticed many of the bolts have color painted on them. Does the SM indicate whether this is a marker for the torque?

-Jay

1 - 20 of 75 Posts