Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Im trading in my FZ6R for a Tracer (picking it up on the weekend) and I want to get some frame sliders. I'd love some advice on what you guys use, pardon any questions - this is my first naked bike and I want to get some protection for the bottom half of the bike. Im in Australia so the parts I can get are quite limited.

Im thinking of getting the whole oes set (double sliders / spools etc) OES Frame Sliders Swingarm Spools Fork Sliders 2014 2015 Yamaha FZ09 FZ 09 | eBayand an engine case set ( undecided on this atm)
FOR Yamaha MT 09 FZ 09 14 15 Engine Case Slider Cover Protector SET | eBay

If anyone has the double slider set and has laid it down, could you tell me if the engine case still hits the bottom please? Is there some sort of skid plate available that could take the brunt of an impact?

I'd appreciate any input on this. Thanks

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with SATO racing and the model numbers are : Engine sliders part number : Y-MT09ES
Frame sliders part number : Y-MT09FS-BK

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have no answer as I just bought an 09 today, but I'm interested in the responses. The SATO stuff looks pretty good...but thats a brutal price tag for a wear components. I was looking at something from shogun for $44 that might be on revzilla. I don't have have a p/n...I also don't want to get banned on day one for posting a link.

Maybe a site vendor can pipe up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts