Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall seeing something that said FZ1 Frame sliders WILL indeed work with the FZ09.... Does anyone know what the bolt specs are for our engine mounts?

I was thinking of buying some of the cheap ($15) FZ1 4 inch frame sliders from ebay to use for leg rests on long rides (I don't plan on laying her down anytime soon so I really don't need the protection) HAH... JK.

Anyone using frame sliders from a different model bike?

Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Great question for the guys at OES. Nobody does Frame Sliders like OES. Google them.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Great question for the guys at OES. Nobody does Frame Sliders like OES. Google them.
Just a heads up on OES. I checked around for the best price on their full package. Ordering directly from them is the best deal I could find. $129 shipped. Also shipped same day. Ebay was more, so was everyone else that I checked.

·
Registered
43 Posts
OES full package is a good deal.

Just got mine from OES.

They are very nice sliders.

Edit: sorry, should have posted in vender reviews/link ?

·
Registered
957 Posts
The sliders from the fz1 will mount up but they will either be too long on one side or not long enough on the other. The 09 users asymmetrically lengthened sliders. Woodcraft or OES.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I bought the OES sliders and it was simple getting them on the bike. The hardest part is getting the screws out of the bike. Husband did that. Just put the OES sliders on and you are done.

The OES sliders come packaged really well and are self-explanatory (front, right, etc)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have OES fork sliders, R&G front sliders and spools. I wanted swingarm sliders but I was wondering why does OES not make those?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts