Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this jacket a month ago and I've got to say I really like it for warm weather riding! Also I wear a pair Alpinestars A-10 Air-Flo pants & Sidi Vertigo Boot. I think this a a great combo for balls hot weather riding like we have here in Las Vegas.

Fox Racing Titan Sport Jacket - RevZilla

Fox_Racing_Titan_Sport_Jacket_zoom.jpg

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
And it gets some great reviews.....

Fox Racing Titan Sport Jacket - Protective Suits - Protection - - Canada's Motorcycle

★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
wr-twistandgripper · 2 years ago

Hit a tree doing 70km/h

I bought this after returning the pivotal roost guard because I felt it didn't have enough protection and am I ever glad I did. The other day I hit a tree and pretty much wrote off my bike. I was ejected from the bike and took the tree to the chest, as I hit the tree i could feel the jacket spread out the impact, and as I was flying through the air I thought to myself "man am I ever glad i bought this" I hit the ground and after the spinning sensation and ringing in my ears wore off I got up pulled my bike out of the trees and walked it home.. I don't think i would have had the same outcome with the pivotal roost guard. I'm not sure how I was lucky enough to walk away from that crash but I think the titan jacket had something to do with it. This is a solid piece of kit, spend the little bit of extra cash on it, I still broke and bruised a couple ribs but the $40 dollars more saved my life.

+ Pros: Stylish, Lightweight, Good Fit, Breathable, Saves Lives
# Off-Road, Riding, Hitting Trees
✔ Yes, I recommend this product.

I think this guy was on a dirt bike, but it still did a good job. You have to watch out for those trees stepping out in front you when dirt biking, lol.

A lot of people like these for Dual Sport Riding, it would be interesting to hear how it works while riding an 09

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this guy was on a dirt bike, but it still did a good job. You have to watch out for those trees stepping out in front you when dirt biking, lol.

A lot of people like these for Dual Sport Riding, it would be interesting to hear how it works while riding an 09
It's been working great for me on the 09. No isues with the fitting, ect. Even though its made for the dirt I think/hope it provides more protection vs Icon's road version of this jacket. Plus I like the looks I get from people when I'm wearing the jacket; I get commends like "Hey Robo Cop" & "What's Up with the SWAT gear"

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The nice thing is that it is CE Certified, which is hard to find in that price range. All the others ones I see in that price range are not Certified and do not offer as much back protection.

I would be more than comfortable using this as dirt, dual sport or street riding gear.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed, I also have a Alpinestars Motegi 1-piece suit for track days and cooler weather riding.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
that does seem like a good deal and CE certified. Only thing i would be concerned about is after impact and you're sliding - what happens then...Are you wearing just this or in addition to something like a mess jacket?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts