Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't think I would trust it to stay there very long. I carry all items in a magnetic tank bag.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Itll hold up well until the moment it doesn't. Lol. Best of luck but mine always goes in my pack

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lol .. I've done this as well and have yet to have the hat get even close to flying out

I do fold the hat so it is pinched behind the LCD wiring tho.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I don't think I would trust it to stay there very long. I carry all items in a magnetic tank bag.
How does the tank bag not scratch the paint on the tank?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My magnetic tank bag has never scratched the paint or clear coat because of the material that was used when they made it. Has been on since mile 1. Any good tank bag should have the same property. Mine is a Nelson Riggs. And more than a few years old.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well, I can't answer that definitively but I have been using it for some time and there are no scratches. The undersurface on the bag is soft and where the magnets are the surface is rubberized. Anyway, I figure if something shows up, I can just buff it out. BTW, I do not slide the bag to try to reposition it. I carefully position it and release it and the magnets take over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts