Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a small bracket where the horn is, to mount my ez-pass. It took me about 5 minutes to do. The velcro held on when I was riding around town but i added two zip ties to be safe. I hope it reads from down there. Its not really noticeable when you stand up and look at it ( this picture is from down below) but ill probably end up painting it black. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

photo1.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I hope it works. I'd test it several times before doing anything.

I'd think about mounting it real low inside a fly screen, and then painting it once I know it's permanent position.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just register my bike on my ezpass and blow through the ezpass without having it on me, in jersey/pa/new york they run your plates, if you are registered they just charge your account... This works for bridges and single tolls, but if i was being charged per how many exits i use... Then i velcro it under my flyscreen and hold it out when passing the toll..Has been working thus far.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I put mine in the left side fake air scoop. Haven't tried to see if it registers yet though...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I just register my bike on my ezpass and blow through the ezpass without having it on me, in jersey/pa/new york they run your plates, if you are registered they just charge your account... This works for bridges and single tolls, but if i was being charged per how many exits i use... Then i velcro it under my flyscreen and hold it out when passing the toll..Has been working thus far.
That's true. However, in some old school tolls like the Battery Tunnel (Hugh L Care tunnel) they have those where you have to wait for the gate to open, my ez-pass has failed every single time- even when it was pointing right in front!! A gate operator would have to always come and take the pass from me and manually "swipe" it to make the gate open. On another occasion, when I had put my gear in the backseat of a car, the ezpass got read- inside a bag, under the roof of the car! (but it was some other toll) The sensors are supposedly directly on top so I guess the pass needs to be "facing" the top somehow?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The sensors are supposedly directly on top so I guess the pass needs to be "facing" the top somehow?
This is true, and they are pretty sensitive to how they are mounted...mine will not read if I mount it like shown in the first picture....in that pic, its actually backwards..mine needs to be mounted so that the velcro is facing front and slightly up ...just like it would be on your windshield.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Im in MD amd ive received 2 different stories. Someone in the ez pass section of the MVA once told me it matters which side of the mirror I have it mounted on a windshield, meanwhile my wife tells me it reads when she has it stored in her glove box. Dunno what to believe. Im getting tired of holding it up though so I want to figure this out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mine works well mounted under my windscreen and facing up. It's more visible on an indoor photo than when the bike is outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mine works well mounted under my windscreen and facing up. It's more visible on an indoor photo than when the bike is outside.

You could spray paint yours black and it would be ninja. If i were goign to put a windscreen on this bike that's where id put it, but i'm not.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I had a Micro Tank bag from twisted throttle (great for throwing a few things in there for every ride, like extra ear plugs, my wallet, rag for visor, insurance docs...and my eZpass) It didn't look bad or get n the way. I am selling it BTW, if anyone is interested

·
Registered
474 Posts
You could spray paint yours black and it would be ninja. .
Not quite . Only after I get my tank wrapped in green .

PS I have already seen a zip tied pass cause problems for another member. Let us your results .

·
Registered
117 Posts
I put mine in the left side fake air scoop. Haven't tried to see if it registers yet though...

So have you tried it yet? I just ordered mine for the pa turnpike and am waiting for it in the mail. Would love to put it there so it doesn't fall off or go missing.

·
Registered
619 Posts
So have you tried it yet? I just ordered mine for the pa turnpike and am waiting for it in the mail. Would love to put it there so it doesn't fall off or go missing.

I never got around to trying it in this location. I ended up buying a Yamaha front cowl, and decided to put it there. I velcroed it to the windshield, and zip-tied a tether to it, just in case the velcro fails. Also, if it doesn't register, i can reach in and pull the ez-pass out at the toll booth, and not worry about dropping it or losing it.

Here's the ez-pass location
IMG_6805.jpg
Tether has a carabina attached hooked over the brake line
IMG_6807.jpg

Reactions: Niner and Davinci

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I still waiting for delivery of my (light smoke) Puig Flyscreen. Sticking the Pass to the inside seems to be a Natural:D

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I finally did some thorough testing of mine hidden under the Yamaha front cowl. Worked everytime

1 - 19 of 19 Posts