Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I appreciate the no frills, is what it is, nature to the fz-09. My accessorizing will be to remove things more than add things. Im about to go on some long, FAST, fun rides in late April and I need a tank bag that doesn't compete with the naked look, aesthetically speaking. Im kinda liking the slipstream tail bag SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Slipstream Tail Bag - TwistedThrottle.com ≈ but even that looks a little bulky and I'm concerned with putting strange weight behind me instead of over the engine on these twisty day rides. (i don't know how some of you guys live with those GIVI boxes launched way off the tail of the bike... thing already wants to rear up on one wheel). I saw the one earlier posted tank bag where it locks on the gas tank. Felt it looked a little big and awkward balanced on the tank. Form AND function, with a little more emphasis on form with this one guys and gals. Im sure one of you has found a slick lookn', fine fitn' tank bag. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
For me there are only 2 choices. The SW Motech EVO CITY or the EVO GS. Both follow the line of the tank perfectly. Here is the comparison between them. The EVO CITY looks better on the bike but its just too small for me. The EVO GS is much bigger and still follows the tank well, so its the one i bought. These are just laid on the tank and haven't been fitted properly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is the one i use now, its the GS. Looks big but doesn't foul anything.

Some better pics of it actually fitted. Hugs the tank really well. I am impressed with it, but it was bloody expensive!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Looking good. Really like the quality and looks of those bags. I went with the little one since I use the 09 to ride around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which bag is that , Marthy? And is that the Yamaha windscreen? I almost got one but... does it actually cut down on any wind blast or is it purely aesthetic?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking good. Really like the quality and looks of those bags. I went with the little one since I use the 09 to ride around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

What bars/bend are those? How do you like those pro grips?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts