Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to upgrade my springs (again) to make them stiffer and cure the brake dive. Maybe I'm drinking too many Belgian ales.

So what do I need?

Oil, of course.

What about seals? Anybody know off hand what, where, and how many?

Anything else?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Im doing a little test for my next track day. I raise the oil level a bit to get more support under hard braking. Too early to tell if this is the right direction to go but with the amount of brake I have... I need more support.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If your bike has over 5k on it you had best replace you seals and dust caps. That and oil are all the consumables you will need. If you have never dealt with cartridge forks before, look up some of the threads on the forum. Will need to buy or make tool to set seals. Will need to make or buy tool to compress old spring and install new ones. Turkey baster works fine for setting oil level or they sell specific tools for that too.

·
Registered
734 Posts
If your bike has over 5k on it you had best replace you seals and dust caps. That and oil are all the consumables you will need. If you have never dealt with cartridge forks before, look up some of the threads on the forum. Will need to buy or make tool to set seals. Will need to make or buy tool to compress old spring and install new ones. Turkey baster works fine for setting oil level or they sell specific tools for that too.
Had 22k on the fz6r . No seals needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts