Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of Fork Sliders to fit the 2021? I've looked at T-rex Racing, R&G Racing, OES Accessories, and TST Industries without finding any listed for the 2021. Evotech Performance has them in the UK but they're ridiculously expensive at £35.99 (incl VAT). GSG Mototechnik in Germany has some (#36-27-295) for €47 but, again, that's expensive for such a simple part (plus international shipping too).

I already searched this forum site without finding any mention of fork sliders for the 2021 (it appears to have been common enough topic back in 2014-2015). Of course, Ebay has cheap fork sliders to fit 2014-2021 MT-09's but that only means they MIGHT sort of line up without necessarily fitting correctly. Good luck with shipping back to China for any refunds! In the meantime, I used spare nuts and washers to create a just-OK fit using the fork sliders from my previous FZ-07. It's not ideal but it's better protection than nothing.

I'd rather not use axle sliders in the rear so I ordered Puig's "Slider Spindles" for the back since they're log enough to do double-duty there and make chain adjustments and tire changes easier.

For frame protectors, I went with OES Accessories because their quality and design is good PLUS they note "beware of sellers who are listing frame sliders designed for previous models of the MT09 for fitment on the 2021 and up models. The new bikes have a redesigned motor mount area that require the base of the right slider to compress a cup and cone spacer." Good to know - anyone selling MT-09 frame sliders fitting 2014-2021 is full of crap and not to be trusted unless your primary motor mounts aren't important to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the msliders set for like $96 usd shipped. Came with front axle/swingarm and frame. They were listed as 17-20 but they fit. I'll look at that spacer you mentioned tomorrow, though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the msliders set for like $96 usd shipped. Came with front axle/swingarm and frame. They were listed as 17-20 but they fit. I'll look at that spacer you mentioned tomorrow, though.
We KNOW the right-front motor mount on the 2021 models requires a different fit. I don't see how anyone can trust the cheaper MSliders option given that they seem oblivious to the new cup and cone spacer configuration. Too many people fail to appreciate that engineering is usually very complex and appearances can be deceiving. Until it's been tested, anyone is only guessing that it might work as intended.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought all the EVO tech stuff and received them yesterday. After conversion the price wasn't too bad other than shipping. But I tell you, I got them within 4 days after buying. So it ships stupid quick and I live in Norcal

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone wondering, this is what Evotech's prices are with VAT removed plus the cheapest shipping option ('Royal Mail International Tracked'). Their fork sliders are pretty expensive but their radiator guard is the nicest one available night now (that I'm aware of). I'm going to wait to see what's available in the coming months.

EP FRONT SPINDLE BOBBINS - YAMAHA MT-09 (2021+) £29.99
EP Yamaha MT-09 Radiator Guard (2021+) £52.49
Subtotal: £82.48
Shipping: £15.83
TOTAL: £98.31 (at a 1.36x conversion-rate that's about US$134 but credit card issuers vary in their rates for foreign currency conversion)

·
Registered
23 Posts
For anyone wondering, this is what Evotech's prices are with VAT removed plus the cheapest shipping option ('Royal Mail International Tracked'). Their fork sliders are pretty expensive but their radiator guard is the nicest one available night now (that I'm aware of). I'm going to wait to see what's available in the coming months.

EP FRONT SPINDLE BOBBINS - YAMAHA MT-09 (2021+) £29.99
EP Yamaha MT-09 Radiator Guard (2021+) £52.49
Subtotal: £82.48
Shipping: £15.83
TOTAL: £98.31 (at a 1.36x conversion-rate that's about US$134 but credit card issuers vary in their rates for foreign currency conversion)

Yeah , it is expensive. Not gonna lie. I paid like 230 usd with shipping for front and rear Fork sliders, swingarm spools, and frame sliders. Once those radiator guards are available, Im snatching those right up. The quality is top notch so I dont mind paying more for good parts. Prices are a bit higher but when your stuff ships that fast and overseas, The shipping cost minor. I bought some stuff from Twist Road 2 days before I placed my EVO tech order and it got here quicker.

At the moment this bike is so new that the aftermarket has not caught up yet. It might take a year or 2 to see more new parts coming

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already had a nice set of OES fork sliders from the FZ-07 I just traded-in. The LEFT fork slider just needed to be opened up by a few millimeters to fit over the MT-09 axle cone.

Meanwhile, the RIGHT fork slider needed support inside the 19mm hex cavity (shown here with the 19mm Allen socket needed to remove the front wheel - $7.54 on Amazon). I just cut an inch off an old screwdriver that had a polymer handle and shaped it into a 19mm hex and then drilled a hole through the center. Now, the FZ-07 fork sliders fit perfectly and securely on the ‘21 MT-09.

Hood Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 7 of 7 Posts