Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
You're obviously preaching to the choir about the poor stock headlight pattern. But throwing on lights with no cutoff isn't good just because others do it too. It sucks they charge $500 for these, but they are done right. They work, have a legal cutoff and no light in to drivers eyes, unlike the ones you are playing with. It's one of the reason the FJR guys tried and rejected them that I told you about.
That says a lot about a person willing to drop the $500 because it makes it not only better for you to see, but other drivers, too. Yes it’s expensive, but they work, and you have to consider other people... and if you blind them they can wreck you.

By the way, I know this is last minute but there’s a bike meet tomorrow at the Tilted Kilt in Ocala @ noon and you’re invited... It’s only about a 90 mins ride north of Tampa if you wanna join. Been following you on YouTube for a couple yrs and it’d be awesome to see your FZ in person and maybe a group ride. It’d make for some great YouTube content too.. I started riding and bought a ‘18 MT-09 only because of you and your channel, so I’d be super stoked to meet ya man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
tripage any update on these? I've bought some cheap led fog lights in the mean time since the timing of this is taking so long (no offence) but i'd still be interetesd in yours to put in other places if we have more info about it?

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
We have final version now!!!! I have to test fit on the forks and then they are off to anodizing. Sorry about the delay, we had to make some tools to get these cut out on the CNC. Easy enough now, we can make them in any size fork tube. I will show pictures of these installed on my Honda Grom. I have some pictures of the mounts on the tubes already.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Here is a test fitment picture to show what these will look like. Test fit was perfect and are being cut now. We will get these off to anodizing once finished. Maybe keep a couple raw for those that want a mix of black and bare metal contrast.

IMG_9293.JPG

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Anodizing has been completed! I am going to assemble a set of these and take some pictures of the lights on my Honda grom to show light output.

fork tube mounts.JPG

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any idea when these will be good to purchase? Been wanting to add some extra lighting but been waiting to see how these come out first.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
We have a local with a 17 we are going to work out the wiring and make it plug n play if at all possible. Finishing this up for those that have the Honda grom as they followed us from the cbr600 world and knew we would make this on point and have already purchased. I hope to have a set installed on my bike by the end of the month. Wiring for the 17-up being the issue, the rest is already completed just have to install and show it off. Thanks for the interest. T

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have a local with a 17 we are going to work out the wiring and make it plug n play if at all possible. Finishing this up for those that have the Honda grom as they followed us from the cbr600 world and knew we would make this on point and have already purchased. I hope to have a set installed on my bike by the end of the month. Wiring for the 17-up being the issue, the rest is already completed just have to install and show it off. Thanks for the interest. T
What about for the 14'16' seeing these years dont have LED headlights?

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
What about for the 14'16' seeing these years dont have LED headlights?
We just have to do the wiring for these as it's an H4 socket, this shouldn't be a problem at all.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Lights are installed. Here are some pictures from the other night. The low beams are nice, bright but not bright enough to blind oncoming traffic. HIGH beams will blind you and light up the whole road!!! We have the fork tube mounts completed for the FZ and these will work great on the first gen FZ and the H4 socket to give you low and high beams. Have this wired up on our Honda Grom this way for sole headlights.

low.JPG

high.JPG

lowlong.JPG

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
14-16 we can do this no problem. We can install an H4 socket on the wiring to plug into OEM socket. Adding a male/female H4 you can run headlight and foglights without a problem. If you just want them on with the high beam you can remove the low beam pin and they will only come on with high beam. Plug n play and removeable. For those that want to add to 17 and up right now we can offer a bar mounted switch that you can change fog light to run on low or high beam. Many different options to how you want these to function! After purchase we will contact you to see how you would like this to be setup. I think having so many different options available on the website will get confusing so we can discuss this after purchase to give you everything you are wanting. I think these lights will definitely help out for all those different needs riders are wanting. Thanks for the interest and I hope we can bring many more products to the FZ world and other bikes!
I know this will come up that it's blinding oncoming traffic. I assure you, you can look directly at the low beams and it will not hurt your eyes. They are bright but low beam doesn't blind. High beam is a different story!!
Fog lights can be found here.
https://tripageled.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=114_140&product_id=263

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I will give FZ members a discount code to use when checking out for a limited time! Email us at [email protected] with subject FZ discount. This code will only work on the fog lights for ordering.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I have had some questions about wiring for the 17 and up and how that will work out when you purchase now. If you purchase now I will include the 17-up wiring to make this as plug n play as possible. With that being said for those that wait till this is completed for the 17 and up the price will most likely be higher because of the OEM plugs that will be needed to make this plug n play. Getting in now gets you the lights for your bike at a base price instead of a premium. Making these work with the headlights is something others aren't wanting to do. We are going to take this challenge to give our customers what they want. Smaller lights, plug n play wiring and low and high beam function all at a cheaper price than Piaa setup. T

81 - 100 of 100 Posts