Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Please subscribe to this thread and let's keep it at the top so more can jump on this! I will update as soon as I have pictures to show. I need as many ready to go on this as soon as it's ready. Thanks. T

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am thinking the lights should be smaller than the headlight, not bigger or as big like the piaa lights are. That is just me. I want to hide them under the headlight but still provide some added lighting. I will see about the PWM method as well but added functions come added $$$.
re: the PWM thing - I wasn't suggesting it needs to be built in. It just needs to work with a PWM dimmer. Most LED aux lights do, some (like a few of the Rigid models) don't.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We are going to go ahead with a PWM light. I want to show the FZ community that we can develop a great product with great results. Working on the module now and should have something ready in the next week or so to show. I want to offer this to those that just want a bright light option for high beams but also those that want to have added lighting for low beams. I am wanting to integrate this into the OEM low/high beam switch to make this plug n play. If I can't I will look at an added switch. Once pictures are shown I will probably do a pre-order so I can get an idea of how many are needed and we can go from there. While this is going on I will install on our local 17 FZ owners bike to show fitment and light output. The lights will be universal to mount on any bike. Plug n play hoping for all FZ's but will start with the 17 and go from there.

Please help spread the word on this thread to get as many backers as we can. Doesn't matter if they are FZ owners or buell owners. This can work on all model bikes. Thanks. T

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome! Looking forward to this. Looking forward to the versatility of this product and also plug and play feature. Hopefully it’s the same wiring for the early models too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
^

**Hopefully the wiring will be the same for the early gen fz09 models too.

Also I was thinking for your pre-orders you should do an early bird discount for those who are serious. That way you can gain attention and then bring the price back up to normal once everything is settled.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im still waiting for someone to add some RBG LEDs to the mix so we can get some demon eye action.... lol that should be the next project after these aux lights!

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Im still waiting for someone to add some RBG LEDs to the mix so we can get some demon eye action.... lol that should be the next project after these aux lights!
We will look into it if there is a demand. I really think you all with like these led lights!!! Pretty excited to show them off.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Took a trip to Yamaha to compare various models and we are going to have to have different mounting options for each bike. 17fZ we will work on here since we have one to look at. 16 and under I believe a fork tube mount will work just fine, or these lights are small enough to mount to bottom of the headlight. mt10 owners the lights will fit in the lower louvers under the headlight!!!

I was looking over the wiring that was given by a member and trying to determine how high beam is used in the headlights on the 17. I will probably have to meter this out on the bike to determine how Yamaha did this and try to make it work with the fog lights. On wiring I am thinking the accessory plugs are the best bet since they are there to use. This will supply power to the lights. The low/high beam switch pending metering will be the low/high beam selector for the "fog lights"
The

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nice! yeah I saw this on your facebook page too.
Would you be selling the fork tube mounts and the plug and play wires for it as well as a complete set? Will need plug and play for my 2014 as I have no electrical experience or no interest in sodering.
Yes we are going to source as many plug n play options as we can and mounting options as we can. That is where pricing is coming into this. We will probably offer a universal option for those that want to wire it up and make it work for their bike. If you don't want the fork mount these are small enough that they could be mounted to the bottom of the headlight without a problem.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I wanted to give you all some inside info on the size of these. The fog lights are about the length of a business card and the lens is a little bigger than a quarter diameter! With these being really small the weight isn't a big factor so mounting in small locations will be making these very compact and easy to hide. Sorry about the delay, we had to get some parts made to get these assembled and then shipped back to us for final install. Once it's fitted we should be ready to go with sales. I don't want to sell something without pictures of finished product. I will get buying info on here as soon as we can. I also have an email notification setup for those that want to see the link as soon as they are available to purchase. You can email us at [email protected] subject "led fogs" and we will add you. I think you will be surprised at the amount of light these produce for how small they are. T

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here are some of the pictures we have taken. I will get more up here shortly. This will show you both short and long distance light output. This is just the fog lights, no other lighting used from the camera. Low beam can be looked at by oncoming traffic and is no brighter than a regular bulb. High beam is very bright and should be treated as a high beam light in headlight at night. Universal mounting is available, we are working on fork tube mounting as well as other mounting options for FZ/MT specifically as many have asked about this for their bikes. Lights are 2' off the ground level and fog lights are straight out. If the lights are positioned slightly in/out you can have more lighting showing to the sides/middle to adjust to your liking. Very versatile lighting option that is also very small!
High beam distance.JPG
high beam head on.JPG
Low beam .JPG
High beam.JPG
low beam distance.JPG

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
75' for the low beam to light up the second set of trees on the right in the driveway
110' for the high beam to light up the tree on the left of the driveway with the hedge as well.

Also these lights are only 6" apart when mounted and we didn't angle them to the sides, this is a straight shot up the middle. If they are slightly turned out you will have more light to the sides

21 - 40 of 100 Posts