Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having looked at the headlight I think the easier option would be to add some led fog lights to the bike as Yamaha has done. Is this something you all would be interested in us supplying?
I am sure we can provide some bright lights at a much lower cost than Yamaha charges for these.

Would you want them to be low and high beam different intensity or just on for low or high beam and you can adjust the angle you desire? Fork mounting would probably be the best option for install. Hoping to get some small/powerful enough to mount on the inside of the fork tubes to be more hidden. Let me know your thoughts. I know the headlight output is a big issue for most owners. T

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd be interested, especially if they were low profile. I've adjusted the angle of my headlights, so my only real issue is with the dead zones in the top-right and top-left corners with my high beams on. So with that in mind, I think I'd rather them be tied into my high beams than have a dedicated switch.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. The more info on what riders are wanting the better we can come up with a solution and extra options that may be needed to have these come on when you are wanting them to.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fork mounts under the factory headlights a la the Yamaha/PIAA setup would be fine. Having the ability to connect it to a PWM dimmer like the Skene Design IQ-275A would be a must for me. I have this controller set up with some VisionX aux lights on another bike, and I can run the lights at a lower intensity with the low beams and have them flip to full brightness when the high beams are on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would be highly interested in this as well but I have a 2014 model so hopefully it will be a universal fit for the fz’s. I like the fork mounting as well as I do have a fairing under the the headlight which alreay uses the headlight bracket as a mount. So anything that doesn’t connect to that im good. I was actually highly interested In your led switchback led in the air scoops but just couldn’t really justify it yet both financially and cosmetically lol. So maybe these new ones will look awesome and sell me.

I love how you are always trying to make the fzs a better bike and can’t wait to see the results. Once again please make it universal for us early gen models 🙂.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a 17 locally to work on now so we will make it work with this model and see how it will transfer over to the older years. It should be fairly close for the install. Wiring we will look at once it's all setup.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am highly interested and would be one of the first in line for this. I've been researching myself and was contemplating coming up with my own solution.

+1 for a Yamaha/PIAA similar setup.

I think options for how they can be operated would be preferable. I'm still on the fence between always on, switched, or tied to the high beam. I think i'd prefer being able to use them without blinding other drivers with my high beams. So maybe either switched or always on is my vote.

Regardless, the way these look is just as important to me. It would be vital that these look clean and match the bikes aesthetics.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am thinking the lights should be smaller than the headlight, not bigger or as big like the piaa lights are. That is just me. I want to hide them under the headlight but still provide some added lighting. I will see about the PWM method as well but added functions come added $$$.

·
Super Moderator
4,018 Posts
Every time I get caught out in the hills after sunset I'm always wanting the same thing in terms of performance.
Long throw "Deer Killer" high beam along with something to brighten up the very tight twisty bits that have lots of elevation change.
If they are small, mount inboard and are value priced...so much the better.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^^^^ Mounting should be the same, I just have to see about the wiring part. I will be out of town next week but I will be working on this while away. I can't put a hard date to show this but I will show some pictures of light output once it's up and running. I don't want to rush this out and find any problems however we may do a pre-order to get this up and going faster. I will relay the info as it comes available.

I do have others that are interested in some other lighting for the 17 and I will be working on this as well. Have done this to other bikes and it works out pretty well.
Thanks. T

·
Registered
201 Posts
^^^^^ Mounting should be the same, I just have to see about the wiring part. I will be out of town next week but I will be working on this while away. I can't put a hard date to show this but I will show some pictures of light output once it's up and running. I don't want to rush this out and find any problems however we may do a pre-order to get this up and going faster. I will relay the info as it comes available.

I do have others that are interested in some other lighting for the 17 and I will be working on this as well. Have done this to other bikes and it works out pretty well.
Thanks. T
Really excited to see these options! :D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts