Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this just came in today. Fender is made by Lighttech and was shipped from Italy so about a 2 week wait. Will install shortly and post pics.

Stay tuned... I will be updating this tread with my progess for adding Carbon Fiber "looking" parts to the rest of the bike to match this real CF fender using Hydrographic Printing.

IMG_1137.jpg IMG_1138.jpg IMG_1139.jpg IMG_1140.jpg

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Kind-of disappointed they re-created the hump/bump on the back side of the fender when it's not even used for anything... the stock fender has the same bump with a plug in the hole, but it serves absolutely no purpose, so why add it to an otherwise handsome CF fender?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Kind-of disappointed they re-created the hump/bump on the back side of the fender when it's not even used for anything... the stock fender has the same bump with a plug in the hole, but it serves absolutely no purpose, so why add it to an otherwise handsome CF fender?
I run my nitrous line through that hole.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what the designed purpose is, but good news... installed you can't really see the "hump".

·
Registered
17 Posts
That "hump" is still there in the carbon fiber fender because they used the stock fender to make the mold for the CF part. They could have filled it when the made the mold, so maybe it was an oversight. I'm thinking of trying to make the rear hugger out of CF, I'll post pics when I get started.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Reducing unsprung wheight IS suspension improvement.....

Looks damn nice, id love to get my hands on these ,which i will but , im focusing on my suspension

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went on a large group ride this Saturday. The CF fender got a lot of attention from the naked bike crowd. Here's some daylight pics. I'm so tempted to get the rear fender now haha.

IMG_1158.jpg IMG_1159.jpg

First test with the hydrographic printing. It will need much more layers of clear coat. This is only 1 or 2 coats. I'm happy so far with the results...way more interesting to look at then just the flat black protector.

IMG_1161.jpg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts