Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of a knee injury several years ago riding long distance gets very tiring. Does any one have an idea on how to add foreward cruiser type pegs to the FZ09?

Reactions: nychopshop

·
Registered
734 Posts
Good luck on that one . I couldn't find a good place to mount to , ended up with pegs off the frame slides . There a bit high but I can move around

·
Registered
349 Posts
just a thought -- Not sure that would help... hell I could be wrong...

2014-yamaha-fz-09-tbr-exhaust-video.jpg

Build it up to be both foot pegs and frame sliders if possible.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Because of a knee injury several years ago riding long distance gets very tiring. Does any one have an idea on how to add foreward cruiser type pegs to the FZ09?
I took a look at my bike and it would not be all that hard to engineer a set. If you want me to make you a set I will need to know where you want them. Put the bike on a center stand first and pile but some jack stands, boxes, concrete blocks or what ever is handy, sit on the bike and arrange your pile of stuff up and down, forward and backward until you can sit comfortable with your feet on your pile of stuff. Then take some pics and measurements and I will work out a design and quote you a price.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Wouldn't be hard to make some pegs coming down from the engine mount.

Post up the pics when you have them mocked up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I won't have time to get measurements until the weekend. Once I do I'll let you know.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I rest my legs on the frame sliders with or without foot pegs.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I rest my legs on the frame sliders with or without foot pegs.
+1 on the sliders.

I do the same thing. Makes me look like a Harley rider cruzin down the freeway with the soles of my feet leading the way!

Hey maybe we could rig up some folding floor boards and really look like a HD rider...Lol.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
+1 on the sliders.

I do the same thing. Makes me look like a Harley rider cruzin down the freeway with the soles of my feet leading the way!

Hey maybe we could rig up some folding floor boards and really look like a HD rider...Lol.

I am NOT growing a ratty beard.....!!!:mad:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I tried to kick my foot up on my frame slider earlier and it's not comfortable at all for me. If I absolutely had to extend my leg for comfort, I would want it a bit lower. I would put the engine cage on and bolt a bar-mounted foot peg to that, then ride fo'evah. Maybe get a nicer seat while you're at it.

$_12.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts