Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Stoltec: This kit replaces the factory's foot peg pivot pins (rider foot pegs).
You: Why would I ever need to replace these? :confused:
Stoltec: If you plan to use the old 'peg flip' to service the rear shock/swingarm or just want to swap the rider pegs, you'll need new pivot pins. The LH peg pivot is peened and can only be removed by drilling or grinding the peen, rendering the pin useless. Additionally, the RH peg is secured with a cotter pin. You know how finicky cotter pins can be. These pins circumvent the cotter pin approach and utilize a reusable e-clip.

These pins and e-clips are 300 series stainless steel, and like all Stoltec Moto products, are manufactured in the USA.

Price is $8/kit and kits are in stock ready to ship.

·
Vendor
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please explain: 'peg flip' to service the rear shock/swingarm

From the context I assume it is a way to take the weight off the rear suspension. In the past I've lifted from my garage ceiling, but not everyone is set up for that.
Bob, this is the alternative approach to hanging the bike. You remove the rider pegs, flip them upside down, re-insert pins. Lift rear off the ground with a swingarm stand, place jack stands under pegs, lower pegs onto stands. Provides a more stable base and works well for people without fancy frame lifts.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Cool method, I'll be using the "from above" method, but good to know, there will be a lot of riders with jack stands that don't have hard points on their ceiling lol.

I see what you mean about one side is peened and the the other cotter, what was Yamaha thinking? Wouldn't you use a bit the same diameter as the pin?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just used a grinder until the end was 1/2 gone or so and smacked it with a punch and the pin flew out.

They work well BTW. Mine is sitting in the air right now awaiting an Ohlins transplant.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just used a grinder until the end was 1/2 gone or so and smacked it with a punch and the pin flew out.

They work well BTW. Mine is sitting in the air right now awaiting an Ohlins transplant.
I have the OEM replacement but want the e-clips because I can see a few on and offs while I dial in the Penske.

·
Registered
920 Posts
also willing to toss in some money for a pair if there are some laying around

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey Nick!
What size (length/dia) are these pivot pins?
Suggested supplier?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts