Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been toying with the idea of having one of my sheet metal guys build a flyscreen for the 9. I've got a few ideas floating like.. maybe doing it in all aluminum with some exposed welds...or maybe building a mold and vacuum forming it out of some 2mm poly... or even doing a combo, like a lower tier of aluminum with some exposed welds then bolting a second tier out of poly above...

Thoughts... suggestions.... ideas.... anyone?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Tough about doing something similar. Waiting to see what's coming up before. I have a pretty good CF guy down South... making a mold and pumping some screen is not that hard!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
616 Posts
You could also still use plexi if that's your preference. Use a warming box as used with composite work. Make the shape (mold) and heat the plexi to conform to the shape. A warming box can be made with something as simple as a heat gun in a box with a (lid) vent to the control temp.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'd like to find a carbon fiber fly screen. What I thought would be cool would be the colored carbon fiber using black and the blurple to match the rims and replace the front fender, rear hugger, air shrouds, and add the fly screen. Not the real bright and reflective, but a more subtle splash of color type. I can pictur it in my head, but hard to describe.

Reactions: jmcghee41
1 - 4 of 4 Posts