Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was staring at my FZ one day, specifically at the "scoops" on the front of the tank and I was visualizing the WWII nose art on a P-40 Warhawk, you know - the Flying Tiger teeth. I did some searching around on the net assuming I wasn't the one who considered this and I actually came across a few - some on this Forum (which I was unable to find again to add this posting to). Anyway, I decided to get some of these decals and when I did I found that none of the ones I found could be trimmed to look right. Worst yet, the decals themselves were low quality and nothing I wanted to put on my bike. Some were clearly not even waterproof. So I did some decal and auto wrap research and had some made. I realize these aren't for everyone of you out there, but what do you think?

FZ-09_Flying-Tiger_PS1-resize.jpg FZ-09_Flying-Tiger_rt1-resize.jpg FZ-09_Flying-Tiger_rt2-resize.jpg

The shape and the "art work" are all original and they're pre-cut to fit the MT/FZ-09 perfectly. To get them made up right, using the best inks and materials, I had to order more than just one set - so it was time dust off my eBay skills. Now the shameless plug...if you like them you can get a set of your own at the eBay link below. I know they're not cheap - and there are cheaper ones all over eBay - but as I found out for myself this is a case where you truly get what you pay for. I appreciate any feedback or questions you may have.

Flying Tiger Shark Teeth Decal Kit Designed Die Cut for Yamaha MT 09 FZ 09 | eBay

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Looks very aggro. Are you sure the bike doesn't mind, being Japanese and all?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Been wanting to do the same thing to mine. But yeah, iconic nose art from an even more iconic American warplane on a Japanese machine? Feels a bit odd.

Historical irony aside, It does look good and fits the bikes character perfectly.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Love it! Would be cool to see a matte camo paint job with that decal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love it! Would be cool to see a matte camo paint job with that decal.
Thanks for the feedback Dark'. Actually I thought the same thing once I got them on the bike...not sure I'm ready to commit to painting the bike though - not yet. I did play with replacing the red in the design on the decal at one point. One idea was to replace the red with the "Blurple" to match the rims and the other was to go with a bronze to tie in with the engine accents. As it came time to choose my friends and guys around the shop all said the "classic" red, white, & black was best. `Still kind I like these though.
FZ-Flying-Tiger2BLUEa-resize.jpg FZ-Flying-Tiger2BRONZEa-resize.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts