Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fly Screen -Genuine Yamaha Accessories installed, a 3mm polycarbonate semi grey gorgeous screen.
A quick and bolt on easy and necessary upgrade, for the overall look and function of our 09.

With Fly Screen installed
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

Factory without Fly Screen (why??)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

Hardware
Font Metal

Here with the 3mm polycarbonate semi grey gorgeous screen
Windshield Glass Auto part Automotive mirror Automotive window part

Top view
Vehicle Auto part Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Car

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Thanks for posting these. Pumped to get mine though no word from the dealer yet

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I actually should mention that I picked it mien up in Spain over the holidays... the same with the Rear Carrier as well.

Here is a teaser for my upcoming Rear Carrier installation thread...
Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Car

BTW its heavy solid construction with a whooping 7lbs, plus ad top case ~5lb = 12lb additional weight for a rear carrier. With a max load of 10lb max.. so a total of max ~22lb. Take that into yaccount for your suspension config....

·
Registered
768 Posts
I just can't see spending $139.99 on this small, barely functional part.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I have to agree that it looks nice on the bike, but I'm just afraid that it doesn't really offer any real wind protection, or at least enough to kind of tuck up under during higher speed riding.....70+

·
Registered
554 Posts
That fly screen looks great on this bike. Yama USA needs to stop dragging its heels!
It's available guys. I got mine from my dealer last week. It does offer some protection but mostly from mid chest down. I was surprised. I rode all day yesterday and was surprised at the lack of fatigue. The windscreen definitely helped.

Daniel

·
Registered
659 Posts
Fly Screen -Genuine Yamaha Accessories installed, a 3mm polycarbonate semi grey gorgeous screen.
A quick and bolt on easy and necessary upgrade, for the overall look and function of our 09.

With Fly Screen installed
View attachment 2003
That looks amazing; much better than the US option in my opinion. Why didn't you tell us you were going to Spain...I would have thrown in some cash to have one brought back :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I like the dark better. As for functionality, it's got to be an improvement. If only the wind blast was at my head and shoulders it would make a big difference for me. Clean air at 80 is fine, it's the buffeting from cars and trucks in front of me that makes the wind difficult. If this pushes the air up to my head and shoulders only, it wouldn't take much hunching over to get it on the helmet only, which would be a huge improvement for short freeway blasts. Currently I feel like I'm hangin on for dear life because a good chunk of my upper body is getting blasted.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think Yamaha took a page from the Street Triple playbook and designed the FZ from the get-go to look best with a fly screen.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not all, I had the same concern but it really doesn't. It actually keeps it all clean and safe...
Here is a look from our seating position .

BTW I still have to put on the rubber tubing to cover the 3mm polycarbonate edge. However here in MN its -16 snow on the ground and so far I don't have heat in my detached garage brrrhh :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Where cab you order a dark one online ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts