Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a pretty good ride today on the new seat. It is great. The best way to describe how it feels is:
Its like a fine European car. Firm, supportive, and comfortable. With the riding area dished out it has a really locked in feel. You feel like part of the bike instead of like sitting on top of a telephone pole.

Seth uses more dense foam on the sides to shift the load to your hips instead of your tail bone. This eliminates hot spots and butt burn.

He has been building seats for more than 15 years for all types of bikes. He is also a rider so he knows first hand what works and what does not.

The process goes like this:

Box up your stock seat and ship it to him. He uses the stock seat base so when you get it back it’s a perfect fit. Include in the package all your contact info, especially a good phone number. When its your turn for the seat build he will give you a call. He takes his time with you to make sure he makes just what you want. Be sure and visit his web site so you can have a good idea what type of cover you want. Leather or vinyl. Texture and color of thread, etc.

Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats

My seat was his standard price for vinyl at $299. He covers the return shipping.

If you want any more info feel free to PM me.

Here are a couple of pics from today’s ride.

IMG_3271.jpg IMG_3272.jpg

·
Registered
474 Posts
Good looking seat ! What was the turn around time?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Looks good, comfortable, and like it securely stops you sliding back during hard acceleration. How is it for when you want your weight forward or for mild hanging off?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good, comfortable, and like it securely stops you sliding back during hard acceleration. How is it for when you want your weight forward or for mild hanging off?
I usually don't move around much or "hang off" So not sure about hanging off.

No trouble moving forward.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That looks like a great option. Been waiting for something like that to pop up. That "telephone pole" feeling on the tailbone gets old reaaaal quick. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for posting your review. I Think I'm going to give him a call. that's one of the best seats I've seen out there.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Bob you may want Seth to install the windshield wiper mod as I see you live in Florida.

A gater guard might bee a good idea too!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I too have one of Seth's seats. I can attest to the service and comfort. I am very pleased. I quit thinking about the seat. With the stock seat, I was thinking (and feeling) about it all the time...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seat looks great and good to hear it's comfy too, well done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts