Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to getting my ECU reflashed.

What a difference it makes. Kirk at FT was awesome. The throttle issues are cured. Hallelujah! I'm running the Akropovic Carbon exhaust and there's not a hint of popping on decel. The ECU reflash was $200 well spent. I'm sure dyno tuning and/or PC would be even better, but I'm satisfied and won't be spending any more money on engine performance.

The next bit of money will be spent on the suspension.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thats great! I am planning to do mine with them as well since its local for me. Did you send your ECU in or your local?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Flashtunes site is less than intuitive. So the $200 charge is a one time tune fixing some of the FZ issues, throttle opening, fuel cut off, etc. Does the $200 tune also modify fuel/timing maps? Account for aftermarket exhaust etc?

I searched the site but most posts here were concerning the kit with the cables and base tune.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Flashtunes site is less than intuitive. So the $200 charge is a one time tune fixing some of the FZ issues, throttle opening, fuel cut off, etc. Does the $200 tune also modify fuel/timing maps? Account for aftermarket exhaust etc?

I searched the site but most posts here were concerning the kit with the cables and base tune.

Thanks!
They have a generic tune map part of their "in house" flash. I'm not a big believer of the one size fit all fuel map. Timing and throttle is fine but if you want your bike 100% tune I will suggest a piggyback tuner like either EJK or PCV. That's what I do...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats great! I am planning to do mine with them as well since its local for me. Did you send your ECU in or your local?
I walked it in. I'm in California on summer break. I shipped my bike to Los Angeles (where I'm from) because I don't ride it enough in Florida.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts