Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the fj09 radiator the same as the fz09? it is 100 dollars cheaper but has a different part number, im bout to pull the trigger on it and buy it, but i dont wont the wrong part

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I doubt very much its the same part if its a different part number.....it would make no sense from a manufacturing standpoint.

Reactions: Robert S.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing i notice is the fj09 has 2 things stocking out the side on each side, guard mounts?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Go to the dealer and look.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the part number is the same except the first 3 characters

2pp

1rc

also the radiator cap part numbers are the same, but 1 is 15 dollars cheaper. what the hell

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. Many mods. Daily West Central Florida in le heat. At cruise she is actually on the cold side of 160ish F'. Working on a higher temp stat mod as the auto tune is fighting the cold enrichment values even with 90'F ambient temps. Yes to ION front and rear video recorders along with rear view mirror cam. Lots of mods and very happy with Yamaha's trip. Best mods to date are clip ons, fueling/tuning, cooling system and Penske F&R suspension. Just completed front legs today, still need to dial in with a pro but first impressions are thumbs up!

Factory 04-06 R1 radiator requires cutting/tig welding/fabrication and one rh side donor hose to make work. On the electrical side, I needed to add a separate relay to power the dual R1 factory fans. The curved rad is proper even without covers to this bike but contours are in the making to finish her off. 5 hours start to finish on just the radiator mod. FWIW.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. Both clutch and brake. Single finger on Brake. Double on clutch. A radial brake master is coming but on the street, it really isn't required. Single finger stoppies are doable with the stock master, good lines/brake fluid and proper suspension setup.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
dont the fj09 and fz00 share the same motor and frame?
the same motor yes, the frames are different with the FJ being 5 inches longer ...

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
5 inches longer at the rear frame comp?
I'm not sure, I'm just going by the specs.
just make sure you can return the radiator if its wrong, then you have nothing to lose

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im gonna get my dealer to price match, they do returns

same frame part number, the rear frame is a different part number

still doesnt make any since that the radiator is 100 dollars cheaper, i hope its not a typo

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts