Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put some fj-09 passenger peg hangers on their fz-09? They look to be a couple of inches lower. I currently use extenders made for an FJR1300 when I want to take a passenger on a long ride - but they look cheap and are further back than what would be best...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Seems like a good idea...about $100 for both- worth it if it works.

The adjustable footpegs that I have seem to work the best and I could change the angle to a more comfortable bend for the wife's knees.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Just beware. is the bolt pattern the same so the FJ's passanger pegs can be bolted onto the FZ? Since they have different sub frames, it would be worth checking first.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Someone on the Facebook group has done this and said they are exactly the same, fj pegs are about 1.5" +- longer than the stock fz pegs, I have been looking for rear some used ones to swap but no luck uet

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
You'll be lucky for used ones- it's a new bike, and it's not bought by people to act like a goose, it's for going riding with the missus. Less likely to be crashed than the MT.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The adjustable footpegs that I have seem to work the best and I could change the angle to a more comfortable bend for the wife's knees.
Which adjustable pegs do you have? I've used MFW Vario's on other bikes and liked them...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Which adjustable pegs do you have? I've used MFW Vario's on other bikes and liked them...

·
Registered
464 Posts
You'll be lucky for used ones- it's a new bike, and it's not bought by people to act like a goose, it's for going riding with the missus. Less likely to be crashed than the MT.
Yea I know, doesn't hurt to keep an eye out though. More likely than not I'll grab a pair from the dealer when the times right

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I went cheap and got the 40mm M-Factory adjustable pegs- works well- though without thread locker, they may get loose every now and then. Pretty solid though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts