Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not going all out on the 9er. I've done so on other bikes, and it's been pointless. I ride little, as I'm an airline CA and spend 156 nights away from home each year.

Total investment with all accessories... $8901!!

So, enough of that, here is what I've done.

Bar end mirrors
Capped mirror holes
Ermax screen
Horn relocate
Removed reflectors
Mad Hornets shorty levers
TRex frame sliders
TRex axle/fork sliders
TRex spools
GYTR radiator covers
R&G radiator guard
R&G tail tidy
R&G indicators front and rear
3M paint protection
Seat fit, fix

More to come...

Finished.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an R&G tail tidy, radiator guard, Yamaha radiator shrouds... All to install yet. I also have some TRex sliders to install, but their axle and fork sliders do not fit the bike. That issue is yet to be resolved.

Previous bike was a 2011 Speed Triple. What a fat pig of a bike... I will be much happier on this side of the fence.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I like how you built that gate so the kids won't screw around with your toys. Damn good idea.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have a friend, whos neighbor lost a child because the bike fell on him. So yes, it is two fold. The kids don't mess up my pristine bikes, and my bikes don't fall on and kill my kids...
Omg! That is horrible! I can't even imagine

·
Registered
473 Posts
How much and where did you get the mad hornet levers? No ECU reflash? My ECU is somewhere between CA and PA right now. Can't wait to get it back.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No reflash...

Ordered from Mad Hornets. $40. Much better install than my ASVs on my S3. I had to customize my cutch perch to fit those, at 5x the price.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a flush mount 3/8" sheet metal hole plug. Standard part in the automotive biz. A pack of 10 plugs was about $3.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Total amount invested in this bike, including all taxes, fees, title, accessories, shipping... $8901

I'm pretty pleased!!

Heading home from NYC today... I will post finished photos after I get a couple days home to install the tail and lights.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So my R&G tail tidy arrived... Nice kit. They claim that the plate light uses an OEM connector to be plug and play. It does not. No problem, I've got posi-locks.

I have read that this tail tidy does not allow the use of the OEM seat lock cover. Mine however came with its own seat lock cover, so I don't see the big deal?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
The connector on my R&G was a perfect coupler. Beware of the rubber lock cover, it stretches. I bought some furniture leg caps from ACE Hardware and keep a spare under the seat. They fit really well.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I will have to look because I have wired up so much stuff some time back, but I swear that it had a plug on it. My Rizoma tailight definitely had the white snap connector as I just put it on the other day.

1 - 20 of 414 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.