Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you like a tight seat? Who doesn't?!

The FZ09 however has the loosest seat out there... It rattles, it shakes, it's sloppy... Yamaha, please.

This kit takes 2 minutes to install, and will give you a snug, firm fitting seat. Kit consists of:

(2) precut PVC tubes for the seat hooks
(1) precut closed cell, firm, self adhesive, silicone foam for the fuel tank seat "notch" (I suggest cleaning the underside of the notch with alcohol or another solvent prior to install to remove any oils)

This will remove all play from the seat.

THIS KIT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED!!!

See also the FIZZER CCT KIT to lock your faulty OEM CCT!!
http://www.fz09.org/forum/34-yamaha...issues/2363-fizzer-cct-kit-now-available.html

Here is what you get. (Motorcycles not included!)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do you like a tight seat? Who doesn't?!

The FZ09 however has the loosest seat out there... It rattles, it shakes, it's sloppy... Yamaha, please.

This kit takes 2 minutes to install, and will give you a snug, firm fitting seat. Kit consists of:

(2) precut PVC tubes for the seat hooks
(1) precut closed cell, firm, silicone foam for the fuel tank seat "notch"

This will remove all play from the seat.

Cost is currently $5 shipped in the US.

CANADIAN ORDERS will incur a surcharge and will be sold at $6 SHIPPED

PLEASE SEND PAYMENT AS A GIFT

Beginning 5/7/14 we are offering same day fulfillment, or next day fulfillment on orders received after 12 noon eastern time!

I CARRY STOCK ON ALL PARTS, SO YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT!

Please PM me with your kit request, please include your address!
I will respond with your order #
Include order # with your payment method of choice.

Payment methods:
Paypal
Google Wallet
Send as a gift (family and friends) to: [email protected]

Here is what you get. (Motorcycles not included!)

This is too awesome. Sending you payment now. :D

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for yhe speedy kick off guys!
I will PM you with the order #s!!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I like it tight... so I'm in

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
question, does the foam come with adhesive? do I need adhesive? Or is this a job for double sided tape?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome, all of these orders ship in the AM when the wife finishes her INSANITY workout. I will be back in the skies!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice one Fizzer...or should that be Fixxer? ;) Postage to Aus will probably be more than the bits so I might just have to plagiarise your idea! Hope you don't mind! :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
PM sent. I received and installed the CCT kit by the way...thanks for that, and now this. I already have the materials, probably laying within arms reach of the bike, but I'd rather support someone who's actively contributing to the community. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I was hoping that your next project was going to involve the sale of the "got beer?" hats as worn by your employee Robert....

·
Registered
337 Posts
PM sent. I received and installed the CCT kit by the way...thanks for that, and now this. I already have the materials, probably laying within arms reach of the bike, but I'd rather support someone who's actively contributing to the community. Thanks again!
+1, I have more crap in my garage at this point in my life that a solution would be in arms reach. It is nice to see the innovation for small problems and allow Fizzer to hopefully make a couple bucks while helping out the forum members - if he keeps making small fix kits I will keep buying them!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Awesome start everyone. Who doesn't like a tight seat?!

I have several orders awaiting payment, they will ship as soon as payment is confirmed!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks for the idea. I haven't noticed looseness while riding but maybe I'm clueless. If it becomes a problem, I'll just visit Lowes.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My son filled a bunch of these this morning... I'm on the road, but I heard him in the background while on the phone, "two tubes, one squishy thing"...

Anyway, thanks for the prompt transactions, they ship today.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts