Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Even though the bike isn't released here until July, i managed to get a part No. for the street rally seat from a guy in Poland, who posted a video on youtube that he had the bike!!

Got my seat this morning. Looks and feels perfect!! Raises the seat height considerably actually, and you can sit wherever you like without sliding forward!!! Completely eliminates the dip, has nicer stitching and shape than the stock seat AND it was only £92 delivered!!!!!!! (thats thanks to TrippleTrouble on the UK forum, who got 4 of these through his local Yamaha dealers)

Cant wait for a long ride on it tomorrow

PART NO. IS 1RC247C0-20-00

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Looks like that seat would be much better than the stock seat on the FZ09/MT09 as far as not sloping forward and pushing you towards the tank. Nice find.

Make sure you come back here and post up your thoughts on the difference/comfort level of the rally seat vs. the stock MT09 seat.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for the info CR. The pics really help to highlight the differences between the two saddles.

·
Registered
337 Posts
That looks like a nice alternative and even comes in with similar pricing to some of the aftermarket cover options. Nice going sourcing one for your bike!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice. Looks like your original seat had a cowl or something fitted on the back? Your bike is orange right? I guess the street rally bike is red? Good write up!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. Looks like your original seat had a cowl or something fitted on the back? Your bike is orange right? I guess the street rally bike is red? Good write up!
Yes, the i had a Yamaha seat cowl on it, which i will try out on the new seat. The street rally has a grey tank, white plastics and some red accents.

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
Now...that's what I'm talking about! The seat height and the ability to move more rearward addresses my issues with the OEM / SC seat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice how can we get one here in the states?
I'd take the part number in the initial post to your local Yamaha dealer and see what they can do.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm going to email my local shop and see if they can source the part # 1RC247C0-20-00.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good looking seat. I do not like the stock seat always stuck in the valley, even worse with a passenger. Post back when u put some miles on her. Let us know what u think

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the info and pics cr - additional feedback welcome when you have some miles in.

For others, here is the thread from the MT09 site with a couple more pics and initial feedback from others: Street Rally Seat Fitted

for example:
First impression..... Very plush and comfy.

Second impression..... Flat as a pancake so NO MORE NUT CRUSHING lol.

It's a VERY snug fit to the frame now so NO wobbling or rocking of the seat if u grab it like the stock one does.

I'm so happy with it. Well worth the £85 me thinks.
Looks like it is the same price as a stock seat, which is $163.99 list in the US, but can be had for ~$110 at at least one parts house.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am not a fan of the stock seat at all!!! This one looks really good and i would like to get one.The fz-09 should have come with this seat imo!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Totally off topic, so I apologize... but is "crow" slang for something, or do you just hate crows?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts