Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I did my first two trackdays on the FZ09 and had a lot more fun than I expected. I have a 2013 zx6r trackbike that I normally ride but am selling this winter and decided to park it early and give the FZ a chance. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, the torque is awesome and it did much better on the straight than I thought it would. I just wish I had replaced my stock rearsets earlier, I kinda destroyed my boots. Here are some pictures...

small1.jpg
small3.jpg
small5.jpg
small4.jpg
small2.jpg

·
Registered
245 Posts
i had a similar issue at a track day a couple weeks back. In spite of hanging off as far as physically possible, I absolutely destroyed my footpeg. I literally ground the peg to the point that the hole for the feeler (which I had removed) is ground away. The bike does really well, but it isn't a track bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno, I'm contemplating redoing my suspension again and getting cartridges and a triple this time, or save the money get a Tuono factory and have a bike that can really do both well. I was surprised how well I liked the fz on track, and maybe with rearsets better suspension and spare wheels for slicks I'd be pretty happy for a couple years... but I'm never happy and always want something new..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! we have an awesome photographer from otmpix.com at most of our trackdays, he does a great job!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts