Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts

PSA i have the same HF trailer. beware of the tire fender they jiggle in the highway and puncture that tire. how do i know - i had a buddy who has the same trailer also and i was riding with him in his vehicle and that black fend blew his tire out. good thing he noticed right away and pulled to the side safely or else he would be crying because he had his trackbike R6 on that trailer. i took those black fenders out on my HF trailer after that

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
It's really great that you shared this adventure in such honest detail. A guy can answer so many questions about himself if he reviews the situation bathed in reality. That will lead to paying attention to guidance and not making excuses for your errors.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's really great that you shared this adventure in such honest detail. A guy can answer so many questions about himself if he reviews the situation bathed in reality. That will lead to paying attention to guidance and not making excuses for your errors.

I definitely learned a ton in one day. I'm trying hard to keep an open mind and make an honest assessment. My goal is to improve and learn as much as I can. I really think that the track work will do wonders for improving my riding skills and I look forward to that work!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I definitely learned a ton in one day. I'm trying hard to keep an open mind and make an honest assessment. My goal is to improve and learn as much as I can. I really think that the track work will do wonders for improving my riding skills and I look forward to that work!
Big time. I think track riding is incredibly rewarding, and also awe inspiring when you get your stickers blown off by the fast guys in your class, let alone just watching the advanced group from the sidelines.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Big time. I think track riding is incredibly rewarding, and also awe inspiring when you get your stickers blown off by the fast guys in your class, let alone just watching the advanced group from the sidelines.
I really wish that I would have started this whole thing at the beginning of the season!

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,928 Posts
You’ll have all winter to prepare yourself mentally, read up on some technique, watch a bunch of videos, and most of all, save up all your money - ‘cuz you’re gonna spend it! 😆

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Do you know if the event had a pro photographer? I recommend buying all of your photos because they can teach you a lot about what you ARE doing vs. what you THINK you are doing.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Do you know if the event had a pro photographer? I recommend buying all of your photos because they can teach you a lot about what you ARE doing vs. what you THINK you are doing.
Yes there was a photog.... Looks like it takes him a while to get the photos up post event. He has my info and should send me a message when they're posted. I planned on purchasing them. I'll share them here when I get them.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts