Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from orange county california everyone! First bike ever, decided to get an fz09.
Already having so much fun on it. Maybe it's a bit much for a newbie.
photo (38).jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good, maybe a month from now. I'm still just learning how to ride around my neighborhood. Then gonna do MSC end of the month.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
welcome and be carefull, this bike is more than it appears to be. Invest in an ECU flash before any other mods, it will make the bike much easier to control.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Welcome, go take that course, learn as much as you can. You will learn and practice maneuvers that will save your life.

ASK ABOUT THE FIZZER CCT KIT

ASK ABOUT THE FIZZER SEAT SNUGGY KIT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooh, what type of Flash should I be looking for and is this something I should only get from a dealer? I came straight from the Car enthusiast world so I'm new to bikes all around.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Ooh, what type of Flash should I be looking for and is this something I should only get from a dealer? I came straight from the Car enthusiast world so I'm new to bikes all around.
there is allot of options, but If your in SoCal, I would recommend going to FlashTune, if you call ahead you can probably show up with ECU in hand and get it back on the spot. Or, if you bring the right tools, ride your bike there, remove the ECU, flash and re-install.

I'm currently testing a beta map for them, it will fix the twitchy throttle issue, turn the cooling fan on earlier and give you 3 unique deceleration maps for STD, A and B drive modes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Btw for anyone nearby, I wrap cars! Wouldn't mind getting some work done in the motorcycle world.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
How much to wrap an FZ-09 gas tank?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Howdy, Welcome, and Congratulations! Be very careful for the FZ-09 can surprise a rider with 40 yrs. or more experience.:color:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey what's up so cal riders... I just got my FZ09 this past Saturday. I ride in both OC and LA county... so when there is a meet, I'm game!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts