Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

First time in forums!

Tags
new rider
2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Niner 
#1 ·
Hi,
Feels so good to not be alone in this journey!
Little about me, I am from Belgium but united States resident. This is the first time I am signing in,in any forum.
Just put 1000 dollars down for new FZ9, so excited.
The only colors I can choose, is red or Orange, since they don't have the darker one. Problem is I haven't seen the bike in person, so I aw having a hard time choosing the color. Any help will be appreciated.
This is my first bike (I know,too wild for a beginner)
I will take it easy and will not driving it like crazy.
Please tell me all I need to know about breaking it in process. I can use all the help and advice that I can get and I am really glad to have you guys next to me,since I don't know anyone here.
I am trying to make some friends in my real life and all I got is you guys for now.
Thank you for your support and I am looking forward to hear back from you.

#2 ·
You just made hundreds of friends. Welcome.

Google the FZ-09 and add the color of your choice to see how you like the choices.

Keep in mind the Rapid Red is the Best Looking & The Fastest of All the FZ's :cool:

#3 ·
Welcome to the addiction!
If I had to choose between Red or Orange... I'd probably go with Liquid Graphite. :p
But seriously, that is a choice you have to make as you will be staring at it before every ride.

If this is your first bike, keep it in "B" mode and really respect the throttle.
As for break in... I always go the MotoMan route.

Where in the US are you located?... I'm sure some of these internet friends you will certainly make on this forum could turn into great "real world" friends.

#4 ·
Haha. graphite isn't even listed as a color in the Crayola Box of 500, LOL

#8 ·
Typical Stealership.......all the colors available.........Exactly; the Orange and the Red are the (only) colors "available" lol.

Reactions: cyberrang
#9 ·
Yes exactly! Ending up telling me, the orange is my only choice, So I got that. I am pretty nervous though. Have never seen the color but in the pictures. I made the deal through phone. Going there Thursday to sign the paperworks,see the bike for the first time, and take it home.

#10 ·
Welcome to the FZ frenzy! Are you francofone or Vlaams. spreken ;-p?
My hubby's from Belgium as well.
Trust me - this IS the FZ-09 family in that there are people on here that we don't even like! How much more family-like can it be?!
I must agree with Niner. It's Liquid Graphite. To me, it's the sexiest one of them all.
My 2nd choice would be the Orange. You'll love whatever you have.
Enjoy the forum. I love it and have learned so much. You've so many friends here.

#11 ·
Dankje mijn vriend!
I was in vlanderen and valons. Yes already love this forum and sweet people here. Loved to have the grafi color but can't anymore since got my name on the orange. Hope I love it!
Right now focusing on the breaking in process. I want to know all I can before get on the bike.
I know running it to slow, going to make it lazy, but not sure I can ride this wild monster fast.
Changing the oil on first 20 Miles is good since I think it got all the engine little ashes ready to go.
Once again want to say thanks to all of you guys here and I am happy to be part of this community.
Cheers

#12 ·
Keep In mind that the only part that is Orange is the tank. So if you don't end up liking it, not much work to change to another color. Either buy another tank or have it painted. No matter the color get ready for your facial muscles to be sore from all the smiles forthcoming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.