Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search the forums for some info before posting, but was unable to find anything - so I apologize if this has been covered.

I am almost to 600 miles and was wondering about the first service, and what it includes.

I heard somewhere that it was ONLY an oil change. Does anyone know if that is the case? I don't mind paying for service on things I can not do (or do well) but I don't want to pay and deal with the hassle of going to the dealer for a simple oil change.

Can you guys that had the service already shed any light on what is done - and how much they charge?

Thanks,

Kirk

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Do you have your owner's manual? Seems not everyone received one from their dealer, maybe check under your seat. If you have the manual what you want starts on page 7-3, I would scan it but it goes for several pages.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
The only two things that I noticed that wasn't bullshit in the schedule was Synchronize the injection, and oil change.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Is synchronizing the injection the same as synchronizing the throttle bodies? How necessary do you think this is at 600 miles?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I haven't done the syncing yet but oil change and chain adjust done at 600. Plan is to buy the vacuum gauges the sync myself. There's a good thread on that procedure in this forum. At 2200 miles now, bike runs great especially after ECU reflash by Stoltec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts