Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah, it's basically the same deal with previous gen bikes, so going into it I already knew the suspension would need to be redone. If anything, it's even more of a letdown on the Gen3 b/c the chassis is that much more capable.
Get proper suspension and have it set up right and it'll be sublime.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Okay, so that was interesting as Nick at Road, Race performance has basically said the exact same thing that JCFZ9 just posted on this thread. He's seen a few 2021 MT-09's and there is basically not enough adjustment in the OEM suspension to set it up correctly for my (a-hem) weight and even if there was it would be a waste of time as the OEM suspension parts are not really up to the job. So, I rode out of there with everything on max less a half turn here and there...To be fair it has fixed the bouncing but feels worse to ride compared to the stock settings and is far too harsh.

Anyway to cut a long story short I'm now £1400 lighter I'm going back next week to have some K-tech suspension installed front (springs and cartridges) and rear (new unit) match to my weight and riding style. So, I'm now looking forward to what's promised to be a Rolls Royce magic carpet ride from K-tech that transforms the bike.

120-021-270-020
279S-021-270-021
3624-300-85

As always, I'll keep you posted

Assuming that the guy who installs the K-Tech stuff on your bike knows his business, and is prepared to tweak the job as/ if necessary once done to get it spot-on, you will not be disappointed. I had a full front and rear K Tech job done on my late Tracer 900 GT - talk about chalk and cheese - my bum thought it had died and gone to heaven. Taking a well-worthwhile AUD$2100 (GBP 1184) with it!

Reactions: Istiban
21 - 23 of 23 Posts