Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_20140307_163420.jpg

My driveway cleared up about as well as I expected, so I took the niner out for her maiden ride! What an awesome ride! I kept the bike in B becasue its chilly, the roads are wet, and there could have been hidden ice. Still ended up marking my block with a tire mark when I dropped the cluch a bit into third, and made a note not to do that again for a while. Everything else was great, spun it up through the gears at an average 19mpg (something I'll have to work on) and I was very pleased with the response all around. I got tons of looks since I was riding in about as much of a rush hour as we get here, and I'm convincing myself that it was all people blown away by how awesome these things look, and nobody wondered what I was doing riding a brand new sport bike around in the weather we have right now.

·
Registered
835 Posts
37? That's practically summer!

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sounds like my 30deg ride yesterday after installing my arrow exhaust. I couldn't feel my hands for like 30 min after I got back.

Its weird, the FZ likes to wheelie when its cold out

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It also likes to wheelie when it is warm out. 80 degrees last 2 days here in Socal.

Did 150 miles yesterday with plenty of front end lifting.

Wheelie on brother!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts