1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great weather, great road and an FZ09... can't ask for much more! ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nice. Now it's time to have some fun with that Go Pro. I have a couple, and I like to move them around to get different perspectives. Sorry I don't have any motor cycle vids, but here is a sledding video from last spring. You could do some similar things on a bike, and I intend to try it this summer.

I'm no Steven Spielberg, but it's fun to vary to the view angle. This is on my buddy's sled.

Of course, ideally the bike videos wont include any crashes. Doh!

PS. We call them Snowmachines in Alaska, not snowmobiles. I have no answer for that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Willowbilly,
Whole different world than Ortega Highway! I've put many a mile on sleds, but had to give it up when the knees couldn't take it any more. I hope the weather on the Kenai is warming up. The wife and I are still in Hawaii until the 7th and hopefully I can pickup my FZ when we get back home.

quicksilver

·
Registered
663 Posts
I hear ya. Riding in the Caribou Hills was still decent a couple weeks ago. Byers Lake was decent last Sunday. I was just trying to give an example of moving the camera around to catch some rider action and different perspectives. I have two Go Pro cameras, and I'm thinking about adding a third so I can set it and forget it.

It's supposed to snow Sunday and Monday so I hope you have a trailer or truck to haul it down to Kenai. I can go check on your bike tomorrow. I promise....no test rides. lol

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
i prefer to hear just bike. Not a fan of music in ride vids. Otherwise cool vid.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Something tells me POD may come after the OP, those guys have to be on welfare by now. :)

Sweet video though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Something tells me POD may come after the OP, those guys have to be on welfare by now. :)

Sweet video though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
its funny you say that. Im new to uploading to youtube as this is only my 2nd video, and I thought do need to do anything special to play music on vids. Does anyone have info on that

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shoot that makes me wana go riding and I have to go to work! Doing GoPro next! Florida roads such tho :p

Reactions: dantheman

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Dan. YouTube lets you get away with copyright infringement a little more than some places. Facebook, not so much. If you post a video on FB with copyrighted music, they take it down right away. I'm sure they have a program similar to Shazam that monitors them as they are posted so you always get caught.

Even YouTube usually catches up with you. There are websites that offer "unlicensed" music that you are allowed to use in Internet videos. You can find them with a search. One example is Free Sound Effects Nothing main stream, but different types of music.

Vimeo is way better than YouTube although not as popular. They seem to let you get away with outright thievery. My sledding video is Vimeo post.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice video! Lovely roads.

Was your setup just the GoPro in the waterproof case mounted on the handlebars? I get too much windnoise from mine when mounted on my helmet. I've seen the sponge fix, but may go with the Sena adapter as that is just badass.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice video! Lovely roads.

Was your setup just the GoPro in the waterproof case mounted on the handlebars? I get too much windnoise from mine when mounted on my helmet. I've seen the sponge fix, but may go with the Sena adapter as that is just badass.
Yea you got it, hero 3+ black in waterproof case with handlebar mount on my left morror post.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great video! The black version is the way to go. I bought one last summer, then had buyer's remorse for a second. After summer I ended up with clips of going over 100 mph on the mc, riding my bicycle across Iowa (RAGBRAI), repelling 200 ft into a cavern (Moaning Caverns), offroading in a Jeep up crazy granite in the Sierras, and rafting in the Russian River. Buyer's remorse gone. Wish I bought two so that I could do 3D.
On another note, and not to be a dick, but we are lucky to live in California and get rides in daily. Yes, this is a poke at all the East Coast guys on this site that have had their bike for months and still have those red and blue stripes on their tires ;)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Mounted on your handle bars? It didn't pan from what I can tell, are you counter steering into the turns?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts