Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First Ride Report Pics Added!

IMG_2924.jpg IMG_2926.jpg IMG_2931.jpg IMG_2928.jpg IMG_2930.jpg

Did a little tuning on the bike prior to first ride. Adjusted the chain (way too tight from factory) Set the sag, sort of. Suspension is definitely under sprung. Forks were not too bad but the shock needs help. I am 180 lbs ready to ride. Filled the tank and off and running.

The bike is totally awesome. The chief complaint about the suspension... really was not a big issue for me. I rode on some smooth and some really rough roads and felt the suspension was not too bad, at least at my weight. If I was up at around 230 or so I probably would have a different opinion.

I really love the brakes. Waaaaaay better than my Ninja. I am a finesse rider and like the responsive and light to the touch brakes. The rear brake is outstanding.

Love the sound of the exhaust. I can ride this bike without earplugs. Could not do with my Ninja as its sound would vibrate my eardrums and drive me crazy.

The steering geometry is spot on. Very neutral and tracks quite well, even in the bumps. Can only imagine how cool it will be with suspension upgrades.

Absolutely love how light and flickable this bike is. If you enter a corner a little too fast...there is no need to panic. It will slow down and change direction in a heart beat.

Yamaha definitely produced a winner here. I have zero regrets with this bike.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Re ear plugs, even if the bike is totally quiet and your helmet is well made and fitted there is enough wind noise to give you hearing damage over time.

Have you decided what to do with the suspension? My riding weight is just 10 pounds less, but I'm going with clubman bars so I might end up with more on the front lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts