Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Thanks deadduck357, great to read that after the MCN review.

"I only tested the non-ABS Yamaha as the ABS version will be arriving slightly later in the year." We haven't heard when that will be be available in the States? I'd guess well into 2014. I've never ridden an ABS bike, and can't think of a time when ABS would have saved my ass, but seems like a good idea if it doesn't get in the way of normal hard braking.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Nice find DD357. I am just itchin' go get mine.......seriously, let's get it released and on the road.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That's the kind of review I think we all wanted to hear first, shame we didn't. I hope we get abs for the FZ-09 as well.
Good find DD.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, we're starting to read more positive reviews now, good. I think that MCN guy may be judging on sportbike criteria.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hope the mpg estimate is close to actual real world numbers. Sounds promising, but he said there was nothing in the brakes?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
From the review: "On the UK’s roads I’d say the Street Triple would be slightly faster through the corner, but it would be very close and the Yamaha’s extra power would see it be the fastest bike at the end of the day. When it comes to braking performance there is nothing in it, although I only tested the non-ABS Yamaha as the ABS version will be arriving slightly later in the year."

One of those Brit-speak things, um, I don't think he was complaining about the brakes, I think he means they are about the same as the Triumph's, which would be fine.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope the mpg estimate is close to actual real world numbers. Sounds promising, but he said there was nothing in the brakes?
Caught that, not sure what he meant by that, they speak a little differently than us here in the states. :confused:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Caught that, not sure what he meant by that, they speak a little differently than us here in the states. :confused:
Ya, he just meant that they were equal to the Street Trips. Although they should be better, as the FZ has radial mount calipers and the standard Street Trip does not. It (ST) does have steel braided lines stock though, the FZ does not. The Street Trip R has the best brakes stock of any bike I've ever ridden. They had a little, too much initial bite for my liking sometimes. When you own multiple bikes, and only one has brakes with that much bite, it can get you in a little trouble at times. An aftermarket pad choice, and braided lines will be a cheap and easy upgrade for the FZ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts